40%
'PJ;IHIH
10%

Total votes: 10

bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Smilodon wrote:Is it just me or are the choices in the album poll all just a load of jumbled letters ? :?
Sorry, its just you.
Smilodon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Smilodon »

bong wrote:
Smilodon wrote:Is it just me or are the choices in the album poll all just a load of jumbled letters ? :?
Sorry, its just you.
Ok, so which album is which then ?
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Gotta go for 'ihhhihi'hhiphip... :roll:
Smilodon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Smilodon »

Prkl wrote:Gotta go for 'ihhhihi'hhiphip... :roll:
Oh good choice....erm I think :?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Bong, have you edited your poll or did i really let this poll through? Lets try and be sensible shall we? :)
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Piper and toss up between meddle, atom heart mother , DSOTM and WYWH
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

kjnpf wrote:Bong, have you edited your poll or did i really let this poll through? Lets try and be sensible shall we? :)
There was no poll when I f\irst posted this. I created it when I was trying to see if I could delete this thread.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Keith, i say we delete this thread cause it's just got supid and there's already like 5 best album polls. What do you think?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:Keith, i say we delete this thread cause it's just got supid and there's already like 5 best album polls. What do you think?
I think this should have been a private message. The thread does not go against the forum rules so I guess it can stay.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

More is very underrated, lets be honest.
UntilWeSleep
Axe
Axe

Post by UntilWeSleep »

More is great album and very underrated. Though not one of my favorites but it has great tracks like Cymbaline, The rying Song, The Nile Song, Up The Khyber, Green Is The Color, and More Blues(though it fails on progressing).
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Hello all, this is my first post here. I thought this thread would be good starting place.

My favorite PF album is Momentary Lapse (it's the one that made Floyd my favorite band). Wish You Were Here gets my vote for best. And I know it's not part of the topic, but I think Final Cut is the most underrated. Those are the greatest lyrics I've ever heard in my life!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Oh my god, someone has said the word's we're all dying to hear, his favourite album is A Momentry Lapse Of reason.

The reason i say that Richter is because as you will have probably noticed that album's a bit of a whipping boy around here. It receives more abuse than any other pink floyd album, and for that reason i'm glad you've joined the forum. The album now has someone to stand in it's corner!

Oh, i've probably said on many occasions, but DSOTM is the best album ever!
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Hehe, then I'll be delighted to stand up for it. I was just a casual PF fan for a while before I picked up aMLoR. I knew all the overplayed radio hits, but the only album I had before that was WYWH. Momentary Lapse drew me in with the brilliant guitar work on On the Turning Away and Sorrow, and I just loved the overall sound, mood, and theme of the album. Soon after that I started picking up the other albums, and before I knew it I was a PF freak.

Now I'm into many different musical genres and tons of different bands, but Floyd has remained my favorite for the last five years or so. Even so, there are times when I question whether a certain other band has come along to knock 'em off the top, but I've found a solution to this problem: I pop in aMLoR and listen to Yet Another Movie. This is IMhO one of the most underrated PF tunes. The mood, the sadness, the imposing monotony of and endless repetition of Life...and that perfect guitar solo. I love that song, and it always reminds me of why I love Pink Floyd.

Oh and just for the record, I'm equally obsessed with the older albums too (although I'm not as familiar with the first few albums; I don't own anything older than Atom Heart Mother).
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Goodness. Someone else hear DOESN'T hate Momentary Lapse? Good to see. Sorry, that sounded a bit testy. But y'know me, always exaggerating. I too rather enjoy 'Yet Another Movie'. I wonder if it's actually based on a particular film? :?: Sounds like a western or summit...