Richard Wright (Zee) - Identity

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
15%
5%
10%
15%
1 - Worst
56%

Total votes: 41

Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Richard Wright (Zee) - Identity

Post by Hogtown »

Yes. But, very little. It is a sickness. I managed to buy OAI three times. <.8.> The first one just because. The second one, because it came with a bonus dvd and the third one is the 5.1 mix that comes with Gndask box. Plus I have OAI singles. Yet, I don't really like OAI. I'm a fool that way. I have a sickness when it comes to PF related albums.

Actually, if somebody just gave me mp3s of this album for free, I would be even happier.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

It's a very rare album on the internet. I remember spending months searching for it and finally finding a torrent on Yeesh which was so poorly seeded that it took me almost 3 days to obtain it. Now I've searched most of the places I've seen it before, and it's nowhere to be found. But, if you can wait until Monday, I'll see what I can do with sharing my copy. 8)
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Post by thehumanzoo »

Hogtown wrote:Actually, if somebody just gave me mp3s of this album for free, I would be even happier.
Trust me, you won't.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Hogtown wrote:Actually, if somebody just gave me mp3s of this album for free, I would be even happier.
Need a new identity, nosaj? Arr!
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

i found it quite easily. to listen to.

i prefer wet dream though.
PinkFloyd69
Axe
Axe

Post by PinkFloyd69 »

Hudini wrote:It's a very rare album on the internet. I remember spending months searching for it and finally finding a torrent on Yeesh which was so poorly seeded that it took me almost 3 days to obtain it. Now I've searched most of the places I've seen it before, and it's nowhere to be found. But, if you can wait until Monday, I'll see what I can do with sharing my copy. 8)
I found a zip file at Megaupload.com

just google search Zee Identity zip and it should be one of the first ones listed
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

For anyone who didn't get to know me by now: Check out the question mark in my last post. Arr.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

ARRR! <ii>
The Guest
Embryo
Embryo

Post by The Guest »

Does anyone know where I can obtain an mp3 file of "Eyes Of A Gypsy"? I got all the other ones from a YouTube playlist, but It didn't have this last song.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I had it uploaded on Rapidshare but it seems they removed it, since I'm not a premium user...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Fictitious Sports at least is heartfelt.

This lacks even that.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Ive got this on ceedee even though conventional widsom is that it was never released on ceedee
I know theres pirated editions, usually with the single as a bonus track, but what I have is a silver ceedee with convincingly professional looking artwork on the Harvest label printed in Holland

it turns out discogs.com has a page for exactly what I found in a Montreal record store some 6 years ago
with a 2nd page showing all the artwork

the funny thing is Ive never seen it on vinyl since it came out

btw I dont dislike it as much as some folks here, even though I seriously disliked the whole genre of English new wave "beep beep" music when it was the predominant style during my highschool years
theres even some semi-memorable tracks towards the middle, Cuts Like a Diamond has a decent guitar part amongst all the beep-beep, and Strange Rhythm sounds a bit Gabriel-like
RonBaker2003
Axe
Axe

Post by RonBaker2003 »

Actually, I've played it a few times since I really liked Rick's work with Pink Floyd. I bought it when it first came out. I was very excited that Rick actually had a new album out. I think it's more of an album of its time and listening to it now, it probably seems rather bland, but it seemed very timely to me at the time. Not sure what year it was unleashed, but it is in the same vein that Ultravox, Spandau Ballet, etc. were mining at the time.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I find it the musical equivalent of eating a rice cake. You go through the motions of eating the thing but afterwards you feel unsatisfied and you can't remember anything about it apart from overwhelming blandness.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I notice the line notes contain lots of unnecesary umlauts, and I dont think the accent egouts are correctly placed either