Should PF have only released 1 album in 1969?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Should PF have only released 1 album in 1969?

Post by MoreOrLess »

Ok now both Ummagumma and More are great albums but does anyone else think that if the floyd had really wanted to release something speical the 2 of them should have been combined? Keep the same format as Ummagumma leaving the live disk as it is but take the best of the studio tracks from both albums(and a few other songs they didnt release) for the second disk. Producing something like...

Main theme from more
Cirus minor
Green is the colour
Grantchester Meadows
Several speicas of small.......
Cymbaline
Embyro
Narrow way part 1
Biding my time
Dramtic theme from more

Now as a massive floyd fan im happy with 2 albums instead of 1 but from an artistic standpoint I think a single double album would have been better the same way I feel a single disk version of the white album would have been a better statement.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I reckon if WYWH and Animals had been released as double cd, which i think would actually sound quite good, then it would have been the best album ever.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

They were recorded 2 years apart though , More was actually done in the middle of the Ummagunna sessions.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Yeah, but when i said that what i really meant was WYWH with polished versions of You gotta be crazy and raving and drooling. Released it in 76 and hopefully by then pigs will have briefly been written (i beleive the album was finished in late 76 do Summer 76 and it could have been a double album.)

Call that a niave view, but come on, it would have been brilliant.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Yeah imagine several species as part of the soundtrack for the movie More.
It could play in some weird scene where the guy is trying to quit heroin and having the DT's.
Umma Gumma studio, was just a compilation of a few little solo efforts by all the band members.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

I am confident that Mr. T has tried heroin in his time.
summer68
Axe
Axe

Post by summer68 »

MoreOrLess wrote:They were recorded 2 years apart though , More was actually done in the middle of the Ummagunna sessions.
Actually, early versions of Animals songs were being played along with Shine On You Crazy Diamond in 1974 and 1975. I think that this could've easily been done.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

They may have been played but they were not recorded in the studio to the best of my knowledge.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I belive the point he was trying to make is that they could have been.