Pink Floyd - Animals

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
63%
26%
6%
1%
1 - Worst
3%

Total votes: 167

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pink Floyd - Animals

Post by snifferdog »

You'd be hard pushed to contact Frank Zappa to confirm if he did actually say it. Unless you want to communicate with him through the toaster or something.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Stephen wrote:I seem to remember a quote by Frank Zappa about musical analysis and I can't remember what it was now...or even if it was him to be honest :lol:
Would it be the "writing about music is like dancing about architecture" quote?

But what about writing music like if it were architecture? like ASFoS? :D

JTull, Animals, like The Wall, is not very Floydian sounding, that's why many "middle years" Floyd fans like Stephen don't like it. But WYWH? WTF? You can't go more Floydian than SOYCD!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

danielcaux wrote: Would it be the "writing about music is like dancing about architecture" quote?
That's the one thanks. :D

danielcaux wrote: But WYWH? WTF? You can't go more Floydian than SOYCD!
Absolutely! Obviously I love Shine On and that was the only track I'd heard on the radio prior to its release so I was expecting great things from the rest of the album but was disappointed.
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

What the hell dude? Yeah, Have A Cigar and Wish You Were Here (the song) suck! Riiiiight.

What the heck dude...sup with that?

And Animals is crappy? And The Wall is crappy?

What do you have 5500 posts about dude...writing about the glorious UmmaGumma album...an album that should be renamed CrappaWappa!

Do you prefer the More Album with that geeky noise that are supposed to be songs?

Or do you prefer that gay album, Obscured By Clouds that has a "song" that is chanting mudmen and this "song" seems to last 4.5 hours and the album has a song called "Stay" and it starts off with the most homo sounding beginning with some dude singing "Stay!"...its like...what the hell! Only good song on that album is Free Four cause The Genius is just starting to get his wings under him.

Or that fricking album with the cow on the cover...Atom Heart Mother. I could make an album better than that...I would just not make a single sound and be real quiet and it would be a better album than that cow album. By the way, do you think that Floyd was letting the fans know that the album really was a cow and this was their way to not be doing false advertising?

Sup dude? You maka noa senssa.

In my opinion of course...the only correct opinion by the way. :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'm pretty fond of that gay album, myself.

Anyone who would suggest that Obscured By Clouds sucks needs to have their PF Fan Club membership card pulled, imo.

It's like suggesting that Revolver by The Beatles is garbage, imo.
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

uh, sense Revolver is The Beatles BEST album...certainly Lennon's input is him at his creative peak, I think you are exaggerating...just a smidge. OBC with the 2 hr Mudmen chant = Revolver. Uh, nah. :roll:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hmm. Kitkat's troll credentials come through.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kitkat wrote:uh, sense Revolver is The Beatles BEST album...certainly Lennon's input is him at his creative peak, I think you are exaggerating...just a smidge. OBC with the 2 hr Mudmen chant = Revolver. Uh, nah. :roll:
This is the comparison that I was making:

If DSOTM = SPLHCB (in the sense of "definitive, touchstone work,") then OBC = Revolver (in the sense of "dry run for the definitive, touchstone work.")

Your opinion is your opinion, but to say that OBC is a gay album is, to me, indicative that you either have not really studied it, or lack the ability to appreciate it even if you did...which, in my opinion, renders your assessment of the album as meaningless. :P
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

kitkat wrote:What the hell dude? Yeah, Have A Cigar and Wish You Were Here (the song) suck! Riiiiight.

What do you have 5500 posts about dude...writing about the glorious UmmaGumma album...an album that should be renamed CrappaWappa!
My apologies Roger, you are right as usual and your words are like gold. I shall print them out and kneel in supplication before them each morning. Thank you for setting me on the right path and turning me away from my folly.
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

You are welcome.

No problem.

Glad to be of help.

:lol:
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

kitkat wrote:What the hell dude? Yeah, Have A Cigar and Wish You Were Here (the song) suck! Riiiiight.

Do you prefer the More Album with that geeky noise that are supposed to be songs?

Or do you prefer that gay album, Obscured By Clouds that has a "song" that is chanting mudmen and this "song" seems to last 4.5 hours and the album has a song called "Stay" and it starts off with the most homo sounding beginning with some dude singing "Stay!"...its like...what the hell! Only good song on that album is Free Four cause The Genius is just starting to get his wings under him.

Or that fricking album with the cow on the cover...Atom Heart Mother. I could make an album better than that...I would just not make a single sound and be real quiet and it would be a better album than that cow album. By the way, do you think that Floyd was letting the fans know that the album really was a cow and this was their way to not be doing false advertising?

Sup dude? You maka noa senssa.

In my opinion of course...the only correct opinion by the way. :lol:
Do you know that u are sOOO silly ??
I recommend you to read or listen to the history and albums of a band called SAMAEL. The started with slow Black metal and ended up with Industrial Metal Rap Metal. Some people like The Old Stuff, some the Middle stuff, some the Younger stuff !.
I don't think ur a PF Fan. You jerk off every evening thinking about Roger, YOUR GENIUS. Im gonna tell u a secret:

Roger is NOT a genius and

The secret of PF

IS

NOT

His songwriting credits!
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

Spinoza wrote:
The secret of PF
IS
NOT
His songwriting credits!

Allow me to retort by quoting Lennon:

"Yes it is. Yes it is. Oh yes it is. Yeah."

<ii> <ii> \:D/ <ii> <ii> \:D/ <ii> <ii> \:D/ <ii> <ii> \:D/ <ii> <ii> \:D/ <ii> <ii> \:D/ <ii>
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Spinoza wrote:The secret of PF

IS

NOT

His songwriting credits!
And this is borne out by what? The masterpiece that is AMLOR? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

To me, the musical end of Pink Floyd isn't all that special.

Don't get me wrong...I'm extremely fond of the music and the sound...but it's my opinion that it's not terribly hard at all for someone to duplicate a reasonable approximation of the Pink Floyd sound (if you will.)

You only need to know two things:

1. How to play the instruments

and

2. When NOT to play them.

The lyrics and concepts that give that sound meaning, shape and form, however...that's much more difficult to approximate.
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

Fricking glad that Mosespa is making sense again. Exactly right dude. :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Just because I agree with a portion of your argument doesn't mean that I agree with it all.

You're still an utter nut-job in many regards. :D