Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
29%
16%
26%
10%
1 - Worst
19%

Total votes: 80

kitkat
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking

Post by kitkat »

quick response to point #11:

I dont think he "waited a week". I have little doubt that Ezrin was going to work with The Genius then he heard from Gilmour and decided to stab The Genius in the back. I have no doubt. Waaaaay too coincidental. The Genius agrees with me too.

Bottom line. He chose Nick and Dave and 160 session guys instead of the real thing. He couldve been the guy working on the real thing. He chose poorly. He admitted that they would sit around and go "I wonder what Roger would do now". I wish I couldve been a fly on the wall when the record company told Gilmour and Ezrin were told that their pretend Pink Floyd album was dogshit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Maybe Ezrin was happier to work with Gilmour. Waters may be a genius in your eyes but he's also got a nice line in tinpot dictatorship
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

kitkat wrote:Bottom line. He chose Nick and Dave and 160 session guys instead of Waters and 20 session musicians and female backing singers.
Fixed. Remember, regarding Floyd, there was no "real thing" in the 80s or 90s.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

First, kitkat wrote:11. Unless you actually believe the wild wild coincidence that Gilmour contacted Ezrin for the first time one week after he decided his family was too valuable to work with The Genius. I mean cmon.
After having his ass handed to him by mosespa, kitkat then said wrote:
quick response to point #11:

I dont think he "waited a week".
Fail, kitkat.

Epic fail, in fact.

You got pwnd...admit it.

There's no shame. After all, you aren't the first and you won't be the last to be thoroughly trounced by my superior intellect and knowledge of PF.

The more you backtrack and change your story, the more of a muffin you end up looking like.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Didn't I read somewhere, Blake's book perhaps, that Ezrin was excited to work with Roger and the Ezrins (meaning Bob, his wife, and kids) were going to live in England at one of Roger's houses? Supposedly, at the last minute, his wife got cold feet. You're a married man aren't you Kitkat? Surely you know that what the wife wants, the wife eventually gets! So he works with Dave for probably more money, gets a good balance of both LA and England, and appeases the wife! Sounds like a no-brainer to me! :lol:

On a side note, I love The Wall but prefer the Demo tapes to the actual album. The Demos are a lot darker, kinda like Animals 2, and I think Ezrin kinda Fudged it up a bit. It was OK for Ezrin to do that with Kiss and Alice Cooper cause people knew that they were getting cheesy theatrics when they bought albums from those guys and attended their shows. I prefer the dark drone going into The Thin Ice rather than the exploding bombs and crashing symbols that Ezrin probably suggested to make it more "theatrical." I prefer the darkness of the original ABITW2 to it's finished disco-like counterpart and the list goes on and on. I highly doubt Roger could have gotten a bunch of kids on stage at Live Earth swaying back and forth while Roger smiled, shaking his ass, looking like an idiot, if ABITW2 had been done as it was originally intended. :roll: But, the album sold well and I guess it got them out of their financial troubles, so...

I'm just glad that Ezrin wasn't there for Animals..."All alone and dying of cancer"...du bop du du du bop du du du bop (insert disco beat here). "But you're really a criiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhh"...(insert string section here). "Raving and drooling I fell on his neck with a scream"...(insert voice of actor screaming and add a slide whistle to simulate the falling of the guy). Man, that would have sucked! :lol:
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

CWTA,

I will have to listen to the demos. I havent yet. I heard an early version of conf numb when roger was going...I am a physician and etc etc. The demo tape thing is confusing to me because there seems to be different demos based on where they were in the process.

Could you tell me exactly which demos you are referring to and how I can listen to them...I am assuming YouTube? I would like to give it a listen. :D

Not to beat a dead horse, but regarding the Ezrin story, I dont believe it even though its what Ezrin said. He spent months just hanging out with Gilmour smoking dope and other various things on this boat and on and on and on. He didnt get more "family time" with the Gilmour album....according to the Blake book, Pigs Might Fly.

Gilmour and Waters and Ezrin have different versions. In general, I have found that Waters is more honest....honest to a fault...the fault being he insults people with his honesty...whereas Gilmour is more willing to spin. But, we werent there so we can only speculate.

Yeah, thats right. Thats the truth.

HEY MOSESPA, your "mossification" didnt take hold...it was weak bro.

YOU HAVE BEEN KIT KATERIZED!!!!!
Last edited by kitkat on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Kitkat,

This is where I got my copy:

http://www.floydpodcast.com/

It's under show #51, "The Wall Demos". I hope Keith doesn't get upset with me posting that link, but it's pretty common knowledge to all here, heck The Doctor himself is a member!
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

thank you :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kitkat wrote:1. Not to beat a dead horse, but regarding the Ezrin story, I dont believe it even though its what Ezrin said. He spent months just hanging out with Gilmour smoking dope and other various things on this boat and on and on and on. He didnt get more "family time" with the Gilmour album....

2. according to the Blake book, Pigs Might Fly.

3. HEY MOSESPA, your "mossification" didnt take hold...it was weak bro.

YOU HAVE BEEN KIT KATERIZED!!!!!
1. Man...I'm just so glad we have a first-hand eyewitness who saw everything personally and remembers it all with such clarity.

2. Oh...you believe everything you read, then? :lol:

It's so easy to bash Gilmour whilst sucking Roger's cock; isn't it, kitkat? Perhaps as easy as it is to bash Roger whilst sucking Gilmour's cock.

Which is why I suck neither's cock and trash/glorify each in turn.

You should try that tack, sometime. You look like less of a cocksucker that way. :P :lol: :P :lol:

3. Just because you say so, doesn't make it true. I see nothing from you which definitively renders anything I've said untrue.

I see only macho, bullshit posturing from someone who claims to be an adult, but acts like a 12 year old.

No offense to the 12 year old's here. :D
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

Hey thanks!!!

I think you are cool as well.

So, the dude talking about "sucking c***ks", setting up booty calls, and discussing who he would <.8.> (resulting in my thread getting shut down) is providing a lecture on "bullshit macho posturing" and how a 12 year old acts.

EXCELLENT!!!

[-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-]

Peace out dude. Or relax your face or something. Its only rock n roll. :D
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Hey, this is a Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking thread, so is only natural to find the words "sucking" and
"cocks" on it; one word describes the quality of the album and the other its theme.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kitkat wrote:Hey thanks!!!

I think you are cool as well.

So, the dude talking about "sucking c***ks", setting up booty calls, and discussing who he would <.8.> (resulting in my thread getting shut down) is providing a lecture on "bullshit macho posturing" and how a 12 year old acts.

EXCELLENT!!!

[-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-]

Peace out dude. Or relax your face or something. Its only rock n roll. :D
I've never claimed to be a grown up, dude. :P :lol:

Takes one to know one, doesn't it? :D
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

I try and tried but this album eludes me.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Actually, I don't think it is that great an album. I guess I just don't like the "dream" concept. That is just silly. But, I like certain lyrics and certain musical passages. Again, I feel the album is important in filling out part of a trilogy that exists in MY mind: The Wall>The Final Cut>Pros & Cons of...
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

And would the story of that trilogy be "Roger Waters slowly strangles the Pink Floyd sound to death?" :D