Australian Pink Floyd Show

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
deege17
Embryo
Embryo

Australian Pink Floyd Show

Post by deege17 »

Has anyone seen the Australian Pink Floyd show?? They are absolutely amazing, the best tribute band of all time!!
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Re: Australian Pink Floyd Show

Post by filthyfish »

Have a look around and you'll see that most people here probably have, They are technically superb, but for me, and its a personal thing, they sound bored of it.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

yes
they smell like fishguts :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

truly any floyd is goodness
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I like them.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Wrong forum. Sorry, I'm a pedant.
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

Aussiefloyd is amazing. I talked my friend into going to see their 1st show in Phoenix. My friend is a hardcore Floyd collector and at first he wanted to picket the show...I was thinking not around me....He was like "I don't want to see a tribute band, I want to see Floyd!" He was like I don't want to see anybody making money like that on Floyd's name.

He changed his mind after the show, and now he is a fan, we are going to see them this Saturday in Phoenix do The Wall in it's entirety. They delved in Floyd's catalog and did songs I've always wanted to hear live and they did it well when I first seen them.

Go and you'll be very happy you did. :D
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

Australian Pink Floyd were superb playing the wall last night at the Dodge theater. <ii>
NickC4555
Axe
Axe

Post by NickC4555 »

We're having an aussies forum members outing from the UK to Poland to catch one of the first European Wall shows at the end of this month. If anyone fancies joining us, details are at:

Poland II - the return trip

The show is in Wroclaw on 31 Jan, flying from Luton on 30 Jan and staying at the Qubus Hotel Wroclaw.
EveSP
Embryo
Embryo

Post by EveSP »

I also think this band is brilliant. Have seen them several times at the Albert Hall and down in Brighton - and show up being interviewed (mentioning Brighton) on their RAH DVD! :D Was a bit disappointed that they didn't play the RAH on The Wall tour, but I guess it was just the wrong shape for the show this time.
Pinkerton
Axe
Axe

Post by Pinkerton »

I have become a real Aussie Floyd fan, anyone who remotely likes Pink Floyd should go see them.
This is coming from someone who has seen the real Floyd 3 times, albeit the Gilmour floyd (Docklands, Knebworth and Earls Court). Also seen Gilmour and Waters several times.
Off to see the Aussie in Reading later this month, wil be my sixth Aussie Gig, cant wait!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

They are just as good as Pink Floyd. I shall watch them in Liverpool on 1st August with NPFs very own Sir Paul Lappine! 8)
ijlane
Axe
Axe

Post by ijlane »

i will be there myself
this is my 6th time i have seen them at the summer pops only missed the aintree show as went to see roger waters at earls court <ii>
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Excellent! I shall be hitting the town hard afterwards too!! Look out! :shock:

TEAR DOWN THE WALL!
pulse-eye
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pulse-eye »

I've just seen them in Austria, they're very good, the lightshow is lacking some highlights though, and on the lead guitar you sometimes miss "the soul of DG"! nice to have seen it, i still prefer the real PF thing (sadly enough not live anymore).
How i wish to have been at Earls Court 1994!!!
Onge
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Onge »

I saw APFS at Rochester Castle in Kent (UK) a couple of years ago and it was when they had the new singer and personally they all seemed very bored with it and just going through the motions. The singer added nothing to what was an already superb line up and what had worked quite well before.

I am sorry to say they did nothing for me and I will not be going to see them again. Which is a shame as I had such "High Hopes", pun intended, but they just did not deliver the goods. Maybe it was a bad night for them and maybe because of restrictions of the venue they did seem to have anywhere near the amount of lighting I thought they would, at least they got the blow-up kangaroo out :)

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Onge