PF Concert and RoIO Database Project 2007 (NPF)

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PF Concert and RoIO Database Project 2007 (NPF)

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have a couple of versions of it.

Anyway.... I need to start adding more concerts to the PFCdb! I think I got up to 1972 before getting bored with all that typing!! I shall have to do some more soon then start developing it further.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Do you have an update, Keith?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I need to continue adding all the concerts but it is too boring to do!!!!! I will have to cut the work down into bite-sized pieces and do it a month per day or something!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Do you do this all alone? I could throw an info on a boot or two :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am adding the concert dates for now as that is all it can show right now. I shall develop the software that runs it next year so people can add bootleg info for the concerts.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Splendid :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Progress Report

The Tea Set (5) - complete
The Pink Floyd (233) - complete
Pink Floyd (354) - incomplete
Roger Waters (1) - incomplete
David Gilmour (109) - complete
Syd Barrett (9) - complete

I am getting there! 711 concerts in the database now! It has taken long enough. Once they are all in, I will have to check them all to make sure I typed them correctly! Exciting!

I am up to 1971-07-01 with the Pink Floyd concerts. Anyone know how many concert they played so I have an idea of where I am % wise?

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pfcdb/

As soon as I have finished the last of the concerts and written the last bits of the software to run it properly, and done the discography section, I think the site will be pretty much up to standard then. Only then can I rest! Rest whilst I think of something else pointless to do! :lol:

Bootlegs

I don't think I will be adding any info about the bootlegs as that is already on http://www.pf-db.com so don't need to compete with that! I don't want to be involved with them and don't have the energy.

However, I think I will add a facility where people can comment on the concert pages. So, if they were at the concert, they could share their memories or something. I don't know if people would bother though so why waste my time with doing that?

I have been on this project for 2 years and 7 days! :lol: I could have done it in two weeks if I put my mind to it. I hope all the insightful statistics I am going to draw from it will be worth it. That's why I made it a database driven thing and not just lists pasted into HTML.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Was just having at >> http://www.dmbeatles.com/history.php?year=1970

... and was thinking it would be a good idea to add more than concerts to the PFcdb I am working on. Perhaps radio shows, interviews, press articles etc. That lot would definitely have to be a community effort as I wouldn't be able to add it all!!

Once I have finished adding all the concerts, I will develop the PFcdb to accept more than concerts and forums users can add content too!

Any ideas on what sort of other content??

--Additional Content--

Album releases with lyrics
Radio shows
Press articles & Interviews
Significant Event Notes
Who Is Who Person Directory

Would anybody actually bother to add anything if I built it?? Is it something you would use to look at the bands history?
sanpaku
Embryo
Embryo

Post by sanpaku »

Hello all!

According to "International Times" (archives) Pink Floyd played in the college canteen at London School of Economics in 22 March 1967 along with Soft Machine and other musicians http://www.internationaltimes.it/page.p ... s-10~5_002

I see that you don't have this concert in your database nor any other PF site (I emailed Matt@braindamage and he has added it to their database)

Any info?

Cheers!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Thank you for the information, sanpaku.

They were recording some of Piper at the Gates of Dawn on 22 March 1967 in London so they could have played at some point I guess.

My source is Echoes: The Complete History of Pink Floyd by Glenn Povey.

It doesnt seem to say too clearly which date they played though. From reading the article, it refers to Monday 20th and from other parts we are assumed to be in March 1967. But 20th March 1967 was a Friday.

I really ought to finish adding all the concerts to the database but it is so boring typing them out!!! 772 up to now. It has taken me two years so far! haha. 7.4 per week.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Keith Jordan wrote:
I really ought to finish adding all the concerts to the database but it is so boring typing them out!!! 772 up to now. It has taken me two years so far! haha. 7.4 per week.
Perhaps it's something others could help you with Keith as I'd like to see it completed in my lifetime. :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I would be open to volunteers adding concerts. Only trusted members of the forum though.

The admin area is not idiot proof (sorry Moom) in terms of adding concerts so careful attention to detail would be required. The page below is where concerts are added. Choose an existing attribute from the list or very carefully type in a new one if you are exactly sure it is not in the drop down list. This is necessary so that, if you choose Venue A and want to see all concerts at Venue A, then there should only be one instance of Venue A in the list!! If you catch what I mean?

Anyway.... volunteers would be very much appreciated. Any takers?

It would be helpful if you had a copy of Echoes: The Complete History of Pink Floyd but the concert listing on the Brain Damage website is also an excellent source.
admin.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

would love to help, but i STILL don´t have internet at home (thank you T-com grmbl)
sanpaku
Embryo
Embryo

Post by sanpaku »

Keith Jordan wrote:Thank you for the information, sanpaku.

They were recording some of Piper at the Gates of Dawn on 22 March 1967 in London so they could have played at some point I guess.

My source is Echoes: The Complete History of Pink Floyd by Glenn Povey.

It doesnt seem to say too clearly which date they played though. From reading the article, it refers to Monday 20th and from other parts we are assumed to be in March 1967. But 20th March 1967 was a Friday.

Check again your calendar... 20th March 1967 was a Monday and 22nd March was a Wednesday. According to the text it seems that they could have played on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You are quite right, the 20th March 1967 was indeed a Monday...

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=20th+March+1967

I haved added it now. Seems quite feasible given the other shows....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pfcdb ... bid=2&pg=2

1967-03-18 - The Pink Floyd - Enfield College of Technology - Enfield - England
1967-03-20 - The Pink Floyd - London School of Economics (Canteen) - London - England
1967-03-23 - The Pink Floyd - Clifton Hall, Rotherham College of Technology - Rotherham - England
1967-03-24 - The Pink Floyd - Ricky Tick Club (Hounslow) - Middlesex - England