Q&A With Pink Floyd Bass Player Guy Pratt - The Answers!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Q&A With Pink Floyd Bass Player Guy Pratt - The Answers!

Post by moom »

David Smith wrote:Moom, the subtext of each questions is as follows:

- 1: HOW did you get the gigs with Pink Floyd?

-2: WHAT do you usually do as a session musician?

-3: DID YOU get told to simply recreate the pink floyd experience when starting with them?

In my eyes those are three very different (although related) questions sir
Leave question number 1 alone :lol:

Numbers two and three are heavily related - if you're a session musician, you're basically there to do what you're told what to do, thus you whether recreate the pink floyd experience or you don't. Thus when you answer number three, you basically answer number two. Hence similarities between the two answers.

Maybe you're saying it all because one of the two questions is YOURS ;) ? I confess I was a bit jealous when my question did not make it. And you might be defending yours right now.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Well whatever you think of the questions chosen or the answers given, it was very kind of Guy to participate and give us the opportunity to ask him any questions in the first place. So hats off to Guy.

Guy was touring his comedy show at the time which ties into his book. He is a man of many talents! So asking non-music related things is a good thing!!

So, there you have it.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Amen to that. Hopefully you can get other people to agree to have questions put to them 8)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:Well whatever you think of the questions chosen or the answers given, it was very kind of Guy to participate and give us the opportunity to ask him any questions in the first place. So hats off to Guy.

Guy was touring his comedy show at the time which ties into his book. He is a man of many talents! So asking non-music related things is a good thing!!

So, there you have it.
I said I was mainly fine with those ;)

Amen.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Awesome that I got my question through, and his answer is quite interesting. He seems like a genuinely sympathetic and humble guy who simply took the chances we'd all want to take if we were in the Floyd!

Thanks for organizing this!