Alan Parsons Project

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
RedResonantDragon
Embryo
Embryo

Alan Parsons Project

Post by RedResonantDragon »

Hey peoples!
maybe this is not the good thread,..well let me know:)
does anybody in here listen to alan parsons project?
and what songs and albums?
i listen to almost all of their stuff,but some songs are not my thing,but they got nice tunes
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Alan Parsons Project

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I've always loved APP, in fact the very first rock album I ever bought for myself as a young lad was Tales of Mystery and Imagination. I still enjoy listening to them, and while I have listened to every APP and AP release at least once, I mainly only listen to the albums from Tales to Eye in the Sky. Hard to pick a favourite amongst those, it largely depends on my mood, because each one captures a different feel. I always thought he was brilliant and creating music that evoked the themes of his album, from the sinister tones of Tales to the futuristic/mechanistic turns of I, Robot, to the lush and emotional renderings of Eve, each album is distinct while still sounding like APP.
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

APP is really good although I only know the popular songs, i.e. Games People Play, Eye in The Sky, Wouldn't Want to Be Like You, Turn of a Friendly Card/Snake Eyes.

There's a part in the guitar solo from Snake Eyes that sounds like a blatant rip off of Jeff Beck's version of Cause We've Ended As Lovers.
RedResonantDragon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RedResonantDragon »

steph22 that's true:) but the album turn on a friendly card is a nice album,because the songs fit together and the concept behind it makes it complete..haha
i like most of their music..
Machiner83
Axe
Axe

Post by Machiner83 »

I am a great (and I mean really great) fan of The Alan Parsons Project. :)
I met Mr Parsons in person at 3 aftershows and I also met the 'other half' of the Project once, Mr Eric Woolfson (on the credits almost every song is credited as Woolfson/Parsons ... Woolfson wrote almost all the sung ones and Parsons wrote almost all the instrumental ones ... Woolfson is also the singer of 'Time' 'Eye In The Sky' and some other ones).
I actually am the admin of the italian webforum of The Alan Parsons Project.
I discovered their music in 1997 when I was 14. The band disbanded in 1990, but separately Alan and Eric are always constructing and releasing new 'projects', so there are often fresh News.

For any further info, just ask !
ALEC
Dellinger
Axe
Axe

Post by Dellinger »

I like a lot of songs from Alan Parson's Project, particularly the first two albums.
William
Knife
Knife

Post by William »

Got a few albums by The Alan Parsons Project. I like the style of music he makes. Two of my favourite songs by TAPP are probably 'Old And Wise' and 'Don't Let It Show'. I love listening to them, very relaxing.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I like them and have most of their albums, but I can't listen to any of them in the entirety because they tend to sound pretty dated. My favourite albums are "I Robot" and "The Turn Of A Friendly Card", but I prefer the albums Alan Parsons made after the split with Eric Woolfson, especially "The Time Machine".
Machiner83
Axe
Axe

Post by Machiner83 »

Sadly, Eric Woolfson co-author all the time and lead singer of some of the most successful tunes of The Alan Parsons Project passed away on tuesday night (cancer battle). Eric, R.I.P. :(
William
Knife
Knife

Post by William »

Oh, shit. R.I.P.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Sorry to hear that. RIP Mr Woolfson.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Bit of a shock. Very sad to hear. RIP Eric.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

he didn't get to be Old and wise
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Well, this thread went in a sad direction, BUT, I have listened to the first two albums recently...

I remember the first track off I Robot being played in gym class in 1977 or 1978...and so, I finally bought the album around 1987 or 1988 along with Pyramid...I liked bits, but these albums never grabbed me...

What do fans think?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

As I already said, I own most of their albums, but I usually don't listen to them much. For a sound engineering genius that Alan Parsons undoubtedly is (was?), it is very curious that he managed to produce timeless masterpieces for other artists but graced his own musical endeavours with bland dated sound and feel. Musically, most of APP's work is rather strong, to say the least, but somehow it seems that all of it was produced to match the preferences of the time it was released in and then lost its edge with the change of public taste in musical production.