Nick Mason - Bandaged Together for Children in Need...

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nick Mason - Bandaged Together for Children in Need...

Post by Keith Jordan »

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... -need-2009

Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason is to participate in this years Children in Need charity event. The long-running event, organised by the BBC, is to feature an album recorded at the famous Abbey Road Studios in London.

Called Bandaged Together, it will feature the works of various artists including Bill Wyman, Midge Ure, Nick Mason, Roger Taylor, Bryan Ferry, Beth Rowley, Imelda May, Clare Teal, Hayley Westenra, Cerys Matthews, Hugh Cornwell, Heather Small, Paloma Faith, Cara Dillon, Peter Gabriel, Finbar Fury, and Red Hurley.

Watch the making of...

It will be released at some point in late October early November. In addition to the album, there will be a "Making Of" broadcast as part of the Children In Need coverage on the BBC.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Nick Mason - Bandaged Together for Children in Need...

Post by wiped »

Keith Jordan wrote:Red Hurley.
:shock: Be afraid .....
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

:shock:

Also...Finbarr Fury? :?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Release date info etc...

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... lease-date

The new BANDAGED TOGETHER album will be released on the 9th November 2009 and will be available for pre-sales on November 1st at www.charitygoods.com.

We are delighted to announce that the album will also be available in all the main Tesco stores following its release!

This album is a double album as we had so many people interesting in being part this album this year, but we are only changing the price marginally to cover the manufacturing costs of the double album. So it will only cost £13.00 to purchase, and £7.00 of this will go straight to BBC Children in Need. Tesco have very generously agreed to match this figure for the sales in their stores.

The album consists of a mixture of nostalgic and children’s songs all from years gone by, full details at www.bandaged.org.uk

CD 1

1. All you need is love - Bandaged
2. Zoo be Zoo - Clare Teal and Pee Wee Ellis
3. Que Sera Sera - Sir Terry Wogan and Cerys Matthews
4. We all stand Together –- Hayley Westenra, Lee Mead and the Togs chorus (featuring Sir Terry Wogan)
5. My Favourite things -– Grant Windsor Trio and My Favourite Girls
6. Turn the world around -– Anthony Head
7. Fields of Athenry –- Finbar Furey, Red Hurley and Sir Terry Wogan
8. When you wish upon a Star –- Gretchen Peters
9. What the world needs now -– Aled Jones and the Waringstown Primary School choir
10. Confidence –- Elio Pace
11. Catch a falling Star -– Beth Rowley

CD2

1. Me and My Teddy Bear –- Sharon Corr
2. Bangers and Mash -– Mark Radcliffe and Sally Boazman with The Smithills School Senior Brass Band
3. Silver Bells -– Sir Terry Wogan and Aled Jones
4. Little Boxes –- Ade Edmondson and the Bad Shepherds
5. Baby Mine - Elaine Paige
6. Listen to the Children –- Red Hurley
7. Bring me Sunshine -– Ken Bruce and Lynn Bowles
8. Hole in my Bucket –- Sarah Kennedy & Matthew Kelly
9. Runaway train –- Alex Lester
10. All You Need is Love - Goodnight Mix
11. Goodnight -– A D Chivers

We will be releasing “All you need is love as a single on download on 1st November and we do hope to find a high street outlet, but are awaiting confirmation on that. This was recorded in various venues, but mostly in Abbey Road on the day that Sir Terry announced he was going to retire from the breakfast show, so what a day that was.
On this single are the following people:-

Midge Ure, Nick Mason. Bill Wyman. Brian May Terry Taylor. Jason Rebello, Vocals - Sharon Corr, Lee Mead, Hayley Westenra, Paloma Faith, Clare Teal, Cara Dillon, Bailey Tzuke, Red Hurley, Sir Terry Wogan, Finbar Furey. Ade Edmondson, Troy Donockley, Andy Dinan. Peter Gabriel, Midge Ure, Hugh Cornwell, Anthony Head, Beth Rowley Heather Small , Imelda May
Kingswood School Orchestra and Singers ( Leader: Laura Cross)

Chorus Vocals: Mark Moraghan, Samantha Bond, Rosie Austin, Evy Lee, Ennis Langdon, Carlton Sheekey, J La Touche, Sarah Greene, Geneta Crooke, Judie Tzuke, Monica George, Ciara Janson, Angie Shaw, Emily Breeze, Bevin Sutherland, Catherine Anne Davies, Lenny Savage, Deborah Jordan, Esther O'Connor, Sophie Delila, Emma Payn, Caroline Harrison, Katey Brooks, Alex Lester, Hayley Daviss, Melanie Gabriel, Emma Stockton, Astrid Brook, Caroline Loftus, Kate Eden, Jasmine Nelson, Maureen Beattie, Bronagh Gallagher, Nina Hynes, Alex Kilpartrick, V Ross, Annette Bowen, Rebecca Thomas, Bazil Mende, Josh Cadmon, Jo Pasquale, Mick Sturbs and Norman Macintosh. And others.
Keep an eye out for the fantastic video that goes with the single.

In December, we will be releasing a double A side single for the Christmas market. We don’t expect to take on the X factor, but it would be rather wonderful if we could make number One, the week that Sir Terry Wogan retires from the breakfast show. What a wonderful Christmas present for Sir Terry. We did not realise it but when Sir Terry and Aled reached number 3 in the charts, it was the highest either of them had ever been.

So we have recorded two fantastic songs, firstly “Silver Bells” recorded by Sir Terry and Aled Jones and produced by Jon Kelly and Wix (as last year), but the other terrific track is “Me and my Teddy bear” recorded by the wonderful Sharon Corr. They both very beautiful, very traditional Christmas songs, which we hope you will all love. They will be available as a download and again we hope to get them in a high street store. If we all agree to buy on the same day (or week 7th 12th December) then who knows, we may well get them all into the number one slot the week before Christmas.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You can listen to the song All You Need is Love with Nick Mason drumming on the BBC iPlayer....

Go to 1h 58m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00n6x8w
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

As previously reported, the Bandaged Together album that has been done by CharityGoods.com for Children in Need 2009 will be released on 9th November 2009. The single All You Need is Love, featuring Nick Mason of Pink Floyd amongst many others, will be available for download on 8th November.

The album will be launched at the BBC Club, Western House on 5th November 2009 and Nick Mason will be in attendance. Get the NPF Newsletter for more details on that when known.

MP3 Download

Download All You Need is Love clip - Bandaged Together (MP3 0.9MB)

To listen to the clip above, clicking on it should open it in your default media player. Alternatively, right-click the link and select "Save Target As..." to save to your computer desktop and open the file from there.

Watch Music Video

You can watch the music video on YouTube.com. On YouTube, just click the play button at the bottom left of the video to start it off.

Photos from the Recording of All You Need is Love

Here are a selection of screen captures from the video.

View more photos here

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Such a shame some of these newfangled singers try to imitate goats when they sing.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I don't think it sounds too bad for what it is. What is this goats thing? :shock:

It is always a little odd when a professional singer has a few seconds only to be themselves. I guess they have to try and be as unique as possible to stand out, else they are just a backing singer!

Nick wasnt putting much effort into his singing by the look of him. His chest hardly moved! No air, no noise!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Keith Jordan wrote:What is this goats thing? :shock:
I think she was just kidding.

I always liked that charity version of Perfect Day from a few years back but this is quite good though. :)