Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.

Would you go and watch Roger doing The Wall live in 2010?

Yes Definiately!
77%
Possibly
12%
Indifferent
3%
Probably not
4%
Absolutely not!
3%

Total votes: 121

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

Post by Keith Jordan »

I haven't read the articles in this months MOJO yet, but I believe there is some talk of Roger doing some live Wall performances and that some video has been discovered from the original 1980s performances.

Roger owns the rights to The Wall as part of this settlement when leaving Pink Floyd so it seems quite plausible.

I have emailed Rogers management to see if they will confirm there are discussion about said concerts.

It would be great if he were to tour The Wall again but probably a much scaled down version, nothing like the mammoth shows that were put on in the hedonistic 1980s. :lol:

So... what do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Would you go?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010

Post by danielcaux »

Of course, I would go see Roger perform 20 versions of "Not Now John" or variations on "Several Species of Small Furry Animals". At his age anything he does is welcomed from my part, and watching The Wall played live is unmissable for any Pink Floyd fan, no matter if they don't really like the album, even Stephen and Old Hippy should go.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Would def go. If only our stupid government wasn't at least not as stupid as ask 15%! of royalties for even organizing an event!
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Yes, of course!
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

since I have aleady seen a Roger Waters nonFloyd Wall show Id be less excited than some folk
if he wants to tour old albums what he should do is a Final Cut/Amused to Death double bill
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I'd have to think about it before deciding one way or the other. Roger's voice is shot to pieces now so I'm not sure I'd fancy listening to him trying to sing songs he could sing 30 years ago. Plus, if the spectacle won't be on the same scale as it was in the original shows, it runs the risk of being a pale imitation. Unless it's something special. To be honest, I would much rather have a good quality DVD of an original concert.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

well im breathing so of coure I would go - seen the wall every time its been performed (80,81 & 90) so it would be good to see it again
kaotician
Axe
Axe

Post by kaotician »

All the forces of hell itself couldn't keep me away.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Sure i would go! <ii>
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Waters only?...without the Floyd? (not to mention it would be impossible since Rick has died)....I would not be that interested. Been to three Roger solo shows but that isn't the same thing as this to my mind. So, no, I would pass.

ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Hmm...Having never seen the original concerts (saw the Berlin show, which was 'different' but special) live, I think that with Roger alone, it would (as Brenda politely put it) be a pale imitation. I too would rather see a top-notch DVD of the original show.

Saying that - would I go? Of course I would, but with lower expectations.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:Waters only?...without the Floyd? (not to mention it would be impossible since Rick has died)....I would not be that interested. Been to three Roger solo shows but that isn't the same thing as this to my mind. So, no, I would pass..
Rog played the Wall at Berlin without Rick and the rest of the Floyd - it was pretty good considering........
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

drafsack wrote:
Vlad The Impaler wrote:Waters only?...without the Floyd? (not to mention it would be impossible since Rick has died)....I would not be that interested. Been to three Roger solo shows but that isn't the same thing as this to my mind. So, no, I would pass..
Rog played the Wall at Berlin without Rick and the rest of the Floyd - it was pretty good considering........
Watched that video....found it to be tedious and uninteresting.

ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

I admit it doesn't translate well onto video/dvd/cd but being there as it happened.... 8)
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I would hope the Berlin show was better if you were there than watching it on TV or listening to the album. It's a bit like bad karaoke.