How do i get the hair?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Random_name
Embryo
Embryo

How do i get the hair?

Post by Random_name »

I have always liked David Gilmours hair from Live at Pompeii, is there any specific steps to get your hair to look like that? my hair is jet black and almost as long as his, anybody know?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: How do i get the hair?

Post by my breakfast. »

Don't wash it for ages, get a whole bunch of split ends. When you do wash it use too much shampoo then aggressively towel dry it. Don't use shampoo use a block of cheap soap.
Random_name
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Random_name »

......i can spot out cheap sarcasm when i see it. :D

or are you actually telling the truth?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Get a photo of it, go to a hairdressers and say "do that to me" whilst waving the photo at them!! :D
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Random_name wrote:......or are you actually telling the truth?
I am lol. My dad grew up that time, had long hair. His advice for long hair was wash it in the shower with a pint of beer and some lemon juice. Weirdo.

Basically it doesn't appear that Dave took massive care of his hair. It looks greasy. Look at A Saucerful of Secrets on Pompeii, the wind blows it over his face like a lank greasy curtain.

Also his hair was probably grown out from the hip haircut he had in 1968. Probably trimmed it himself if it was trimmed at all.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

my breakfast. wasn't joking. I had hair the length of Gilmour's as seen in Pompeii about 18 years ago...I found my hair looked best, if I did not wash it for a couple of days - looked like Gilmour's...these days, there are all sorts of products I am sure that could work. I just don't know what they are.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

An extensive amount of blow drying might work. Get an old pump-action bottle and dilute some conditioner. Instead of washing your hair put that stuff on every day, just get your hair used to being greasy but not having to compensate too much by having an oily scalp. You don't want smelly hair I guess.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

This is the stuff we need to know!!!
Random_name
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Random_name »

a pint of beer and lemon juice. how does that even work?

Plus if i get a picture of it and make a hairdresser do that to me, then they will probably cut it short. trust me, i have that hair in a barbers eye that wants to be cut.

But i see your point. His hair was greasy, yes. Bad? i think not. How long do you not wash it? do you at least wet it? and can i also brush it?

and then if i do let it get all greasy for not washing it, how do i make it not smell?

gosh sorry for all the questions, i hate to be like that but i have always wanted my hair like that and then i found this forum.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Random_name wrote:a pint of beer and lemon juice. how does that even work?
My Dad was ginger back then. Go figure.

If you don't want it to smell use my conditioner tip.
Random_name
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Random_name »

Ok so dont wash it for a long time, brush it alot (speculation), and put the conditioner before, during, or after the shower? and at that what type of conditioner?

on a side note, arent all types of fathers from that era gingers?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Its true....

Any conditioner though maybe one for dyed hair, they are typically less harshly greasy, plus compensate for hairdye damage to a degree. Just dilute it and use a small amount as a substitute for actually going down the route of a full hair wash routine.
Random_name
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Random_name »

well i already have naturally black hair (native american der...) so then i wouldnt really have to get a hair dye compassionate conditioner then right?

yep ALL of my uncles went through this dilemma with out the almighty power of the interwebz.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Nothing to do with hair dye, sorry. Its more because of the makeup of the conditioner than anything. Try it.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Love this thread :lol:

What you need to do if you want greasy lookin' clean hair is to condition the living daylights out of it. Get a rich conditioner like that Aussie Miracle stuff and slather that on. Or better still, get atub of some sort of intense hair treatment stuff. Use too much of it and you're away on a hack 8)

If that fails, put the contents of a tub of brylcreem on your head, crush some mandrax into it and stand under some hot lights until it starts to melt.