Isn't it funny when.....

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

David Smith wrote:Admittingly this is the hight of snobbery looking down upon people for not having a great knowlege of bands.
meh, doesnt bother me
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Don't bother me either DaveMatthewsFan. If they don't know about Pink Floyd they need to keep thier pieholes shut.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Fair enough, people shouldn't claim a band are crap when they know nothing about them, but those who are a liitle uneducated and say Dark Side Of The Moon is their favourite song really shouldn't.

However, if someone makes a flat out claim that Pink Floyd are **** then they deserve to be looked down upon.

I was in a pool hall the other day, they had a juke box. Anyway, i was VERY glad to find that among all the crap cds they has Echoes. Anyway, i put on Shine On (to get my 30 pence worth) and the sound filled the busy pool hall. For some reason a bunch of people began to complain and 3 people threatned to batter me for putting on a 16 minute song. Now people like that really annoy me.

If someone puts on a song i don't like i don't do anything, just like i don't complain when someone puts on a few bad songs. but people who insult a band for no reason (like these people, their logic is the band are crap cause they don't like them) then they're prats.

I guess the point in that story is just to show the opposite to us looking down upon people for not knowing about Pink Floyd, that being people who know nothing about Pink Floyd yet deserve it.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I couldn't agree with you more. Hey - first time for everything. :wink:
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

It gets worse.

often in CD stores (or dept. stores), the CDs of a particular band or artist are grouped together alphabetically, and some bands and artists even get their own little title.

Bands are arranged alphabetically according to the first letter in the band name, whilst artists by their last name. Pretty obvious, really.

I was in a dept store the other day, hunting for Pink Floyd, around the P section ( I wanted a price on AHM.. not got it yet) ... and couldnt find anything. So I gave up and went around the CD department, and eventually i came across Pink Floyd - the grouoping had its own title - in the F section.

I pointed out to the staff how good that Floyd guy was, and his best song was The Wall.

Then I decked him and ran out of the store laughing.

They didn't even have AHM
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

David Smith wrote:i was VERY glad to find that among all the crap cds they has Echoes. Anyway, i put on Shine On (to get my 30 pence worth) and the sound filled the busy pool hall. For some reason a bunch of people began to complain and 3 people threatned to batter me for putting on a 16 minute song.
you should have put on 'Bike' or 'Jugband Blues'.

Show 'em where to stick it.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I was about to put on Echoes but this hard guy was hanging bout the juke box swearing away and shoved me away saying "ah dinnae want ta hear yer **** again pal!"

True stuff.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

When I put a Pink Floyd song on the jukebox at my local pup I leap about and sing all the words loudly so everyone knows it's me who put the song and that I really like Pink Floyd and that I know all the words. They're always impressed.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

David Smith wrote:I was about to put on Echoes but this hard guy was hanging bout the juke box swearing away and shoved me away saying "ah dinnae want ta hear yer **** again pal!"

True stuff.
Times like that you chug the rest of your beer smash the bottle over your own forehead, and then hold the broken stump to his throat and ask him if he wants to repeat what he just said.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Just search for better pubs !
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Sad thing was it wasn't a pub
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I told you about that time in Liverpool didn't I with my pub jukebox incident and the complaints about their music playing? I put it on and was enjoying it about 11:30am with a pink of Guinness and these idiots were complaining in the section next to where I was. I, after half a pint :lol: , gave them a few words of correction concerning the Floyd. They later put some Beatles on themselves so I didnt feel the need to fight them after that!!