Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
78%
16%
4%
1%
1 - Worst
2%

Total votes: 159

moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Post by moom »

JackRegan wrote:4/5. Great, but overrated album.
;) Finally someone who openly understands me about Moon :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Dark side of the moon by Pink Floyd is one of the best albums on the planet Earth.

It is a completely different matter that it's overplayed, overcovered by other bands, over-anything you can imagine.
That doesent mean that it's value is automatically decreased.

Once again, 5/5. Or more likely 10/10.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Agreed with Bran completely. Dark Side Of The Moon is one of the best albums of all time. And, maybe the best one. Timeless classic! 5/5
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Damn!t wrote:Once again, 5/5. Or more likely 10/10.
Really? It's just a clear 1/1 for me.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

danielcaux wrote: It's just a clear 1/1 for me.
:?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I'd rate it 9/9 actually.
Ruslan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ruslan »

Greetings to all!
Help.
In a film Dark Side Of The Moon Image is the melody Breathe In The Air http://rapidshare.com/files/399761196/Sound_2.mp3.html, from what it is taken sounds bootleg?

No spammy links on your first post and no foreign language - idz de rulz - Draf.
Last edited by Ruslan on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ruslan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ruslan »

Who will answer??? :(
Ruslan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ruslan »

Is There Anybody Out There???
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Ruslan wrote:Is There Anybody Out There???
Nobody Home! :-;
Ruslan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ruslan »

Nobody knows? I do not trust in it!
Help people!

Here to a fragment listen - http://rapidshare.com/files/399761196/Sound_2.mp3.html
Last edited by Ruslan on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY RRRRS
Knife
Knife

Post by MY RRRRS »

i have that dvd - yes it sounds different - i do not know the original source but i have heard the wembley 74 live version - seems likely the version on the dvd is an early version - but i am only surmising.
Ruslan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ruslan »

MY RRRRS wrote:i have that dvd - yes it sounds different - i do not know the original source but i have heard the wembley 74 live version - seems likely the version on the dvd is an early version - but i am only surmising.
For me it is important only from what bootleg
Jacek
Axe
Axe

Post by Jacek »

This is an excellent album, no doubt about it, but it is not in my Floyd favorites; there are a few too many things I don't like about it. The main one is what I consider overkill on the female-vocal front... if only it were just the three Floyd vocalists sharing duties, I'd like it that much more. Great Gig in the Sky - wonderful instrumentals, and I acknowledge that the vocals work in the context of the song, but only some of the time am I actually in the mood for it. I feel there was a similar problem with Money: suddenly the boys had access to someone playing saxophone, and they just didn't get it exactly right... it's not bad, but not perfect either (unlike the saxophone work on their next album). I also don't care very much at all for Eclipse (mainly because of the female vocalists).

Still, there's lots & lots & lots of amazing stuff about the album, of course. Speak to Me > Breathe > On the Run > Time (despite the female vocals during the chorus) > Home (Reprise) is magnificent. Money is great, too, of course (though, as I wrote above, perhaps not quite as good as it could be), and Us & Them (again, female vocals aside) and Brain Damage are classics. And Any Colour You Like is one of my favorite Floyd instrumentals!

Also, many many props to the samples of spoken voice, and the sequencing / tracklist. Despite my misgivings, Dark Side is an example of a truly incredible ALBUM as opposed to just a collection of great (dance) songs.

4/5
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well this was the first Pink Floyd album I bought. When you listen to the stuff before it, you can see ideas and clues about how they got here. For example, if they hadn't got Umma Gumma out of their system, then Speak To Me would probably have been longer instead of short and to the point here.
And Brain Damage would probably have been an acoustic number.
In case you haven't realised, I can't really do this album much justice in one post. But my "classic three PF albums" runs from Obscured By Clouds through to Wish You Were Here. I'm warming to Animals a bit more, but it hasn't got half the ideas that are running through here.
And the best thing is, they weren't thinking "This'll be our biggest album ever!" when they were recording it, it was just the next record they were working on.
It nearly finished them off trying to live up to it's standards, but they managed it.