Pink Floyd The Wall Live 1980 DVD?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Pink Floyd The Wall Live 1980 DVD?

Post by nosaj »

Keith Jordan wrote:
nosaj wrote:EDIT: The Wall in Berlin 1990 is set for a new DVD release (look on Amazon - no pre-sale yet).
Has that not already been released on DVD? Are they just bringing it back into print of adding something to it do you think?
From Brain Damage site:

"July 23rd, 2010
Roger Waters - The Wall Live In Berlin 1990 20th anniversary DVD and Blu-Ray

With all the focus on The Wall at the moment, it is quite fitting that Brain Damage can bring you exclusive news of an upcoming release that quite a number of you will be interested in! "Roger Waters The Wall Live In Berlin 1990" gets a twentieth anniversary special release on DVD and Blu-Ray on or around July 23rd (depending on whereabouts you are on the planet - the exact date will vary slightly country by country). Those of us fortunate enough to have attended will remember what a stunning presentation it was. We've been told that, befitting this commemorative edition, there will be additional new content, including interviews.

More details, including ordering information, as we get them; and before you write, there's no indication yet of a DVD release for the original Wall shows in 1980/81, which we know you all want!"
------------------------------------------

So, my guess is that this helps promote Roger Waters and the Wall, with the 1980/81 dvd coming much later down the road...but, who knows?
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Thats like the 20th time its been released too
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I find it peculiar that there are no circulating bootlegs containing the far superior-looking 1981 footage. Most of the documentaries about The Wall contain footage from the 1981 tour, notably "the happiest days of our lives" and bits of "hey you".
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Harvested release contains some of these parts they took from Behind The Wall doc.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Berlin 1990. Yawn.
cskg25
Axe
Axe

Post by cskg25 »

snifferdog wrote:Berlin 1990. Yawn.
Sorry to say, but you are right! The Berlin 1990 gig really wasn't that good!

In fact, any one of the gazillion Roger Waters shows would never, ever hold "each small candle" to David Gilmour's solo and Floyd-sans-Roger efforts. Hell, even Dave's early-2000s "comeback" efforts with a few instruments, a couple of guests and a hall, are better. Roger simply can't sing, and he never really could. And when he performs, he comes across as a complete dork/a-hole. When they reformed for Live 8, I watched it with extreme satisfaction, and I was glad they were all back together (sans-Syd, duh), but at the same time I constantly wanted to punch him in the head - or at least "spit on him" >;) He needs to stop moving his stupid head .. all that "speed nodding" stuff *lol*

I don't mean any disrespect to Roger's achievements, in fact I still worship anything Floyd-related, but it's just that musically, and visually, he's a right PRATT. And he always was. The only reason he's selling tickets to (yet another) set of Wall gigs now is because of the Floyd legend, and because, truthfully, he's been out of (good) ideas since the Wall days. I am not planning on attending this farce, because I refuse to pay hundreds of bucks to see Roger appear, both with his minimal (solo) talent and with "a surrogate band" fer gawdsakes ...

Anywho, if Berlin 1990 is re-released again, it should be subtitled as "Yet Another Movie (of)" or "Round and Around" The Wall - AGAIN!
(Yes, the MLoR puns were intended - *snicker*)

Perhaps his lyric from "It's a Miracle" ie "Lloyd-Webber's awful stuff runs for years and years" should really say "My gad-awful solo stuff continues to rehash Pros & Cons for years and years...." The Man and His Journey need to take a fork in the road, or admit he's been washed up since about 1984 or so ..

I'm on Team Dave - can you tell? ;) .. but that's because Mr.Gilmour has TALENT. I just wish the "Post-Waters Dream" had continued on after the Division Bell. Speaking of, heard a decent DTS 5.1 "upmix" of Division Bell the other day. Nice .....
Mokum69
Blade
Blade

Post by Mokum69 »

cskg25 wrote:The only reason he's selling tickets to (yet another) set of Wall gigs now is because of the Floyd legend,

Being that The Wall was only really played live about 31 times or so EVER . I don't think it's correct to use the phrase 'yet another set of Wall gigs' .
Dellinger
Axe
Axe

Post by Dellinger »

I guess sooner or later The Wall Live 1980 will be released. But, as much as I would enjoy that, I would like even more if a DVD from the Animals tour were to be released. However, I believe there's just no footage recorded of that.
The Hummingchord
Embryo
Embryo

Post by The Hummingchord »

Dellinger wrote:I guess sooner or later The Wall Live 1980 will be released. But, as much as I would enjoy that, I would like even more if a DVD from the Animals tour were to be released. However, I believe there's just no footage recorded of that.
There is some very good footage of the animals tour on you tube-just type in something along the lines of 'pink floyd rare'. Some very intersting stuff!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Unfortunately, most of it is the same old video material that's been around for ages mixed to different audio contents. There's no genuine good footage from the "Animals" tour...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Hudini wrote:There's no genuine good footage from the "Animals" tour...
My theory, you ask? Well, if there was some great Animals footage, Roger would not have released a live album called "In the Flesh"...that would have been a great name for a live Animals cd/dvd...for obvious reasons. ](*,)
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

nosaj wrote: if there was some great Animals footage, Roger would not have released a live album called "In the Flesh"
I doubt that.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I second Jason on this. If there was enough professionally recorded live material from the 1977 tour, Roger's DVD would have definitely had a different name, "In the Flesh" in that cased being saved for a possible 1977 live DVD, for obvious reasons.
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

Hudini wrote:I second Jason on this.
I don't.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I'm afraid I haven't asked you anything.