New NPF Facebook Page

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New NPF Facebook Page

Post by Keith Jordan »

Fair enough. Facebook is good for connecting with friends but is also good for joining groups and liking pages for things that interest you. 8)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Indeed. I just don't happen to want to advertise my musical preferences for example. In fact, I am quite anal about privacy issues, so have been cautious with Facebook.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That is a reasonable position to take. :D

Those without issue over letting people know they like Pink Floyd can come and "Like" the Page...

http://www.facebook.com/NeptunePinkFloyd

Please feel free to suggest to all your friends too so as to spread the word! Click "Suggest to friends" underneath the NPF logo on the Facebook. Then, to select all your friends if you have loads, copy and paste the code below into the address bar of your browser then press Enter. This will then automatically select ALL of your Facebook friends when inviting people to Events, Pages and Groups. A neat little script!

Code: Select all

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

I'm there and so is my neighbour from across the street and I will recruit the lady at the local supermarket who always talks about Pink Floyd when she serves me. Holds the other customers up, but it's Pink Floyd we are talking about, they just have to wait. (:
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

I'm with Nosaj on this one. Facebook is evil, most people just use it to spy your life and gossip about your activities and friends.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Keith Jordan wrote:That is a reasonable position to take. :D

Those without issue over letting people know they like Pink Floyd can come and "Like" the Page...

http://www.facebook.com/NeptunePinkFloyd

Please feel free to suggest to all your friends too so as to spread the word! Click "Suggest to friends" underneath the NPF logo on the Facebook. Then, to select all your friends if you have loads, copy and paste the code below into the address bar of your browser then press Enter. This will then automatically select ALL of your Facebook friends when inviting people to Events, Pages and Groups. A neat little script!

Code: Select all

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

Do me a favour and invite all your friends to the NPF Facebook page! Please. :-)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Here is a really cool website with a facebook page. :D http://www.rogerwaterstours.com/
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Are you commenting about the lack of Pink Floyd news on my fantastic page on the Facebook?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Actually, what I was doing is complimenting you on your Roger Waters tour site, which I only stumbled across by doing a search about his tour two days ago. I think it is great (and to think you were wondering what to do with the domain a year or so ago) - and has a link to your Facebook page...just trying to help drive traffic to all your fine 2.0 vehicles...

Besides, I would never cross a leader who rides a horse...

Everybody should invite their friends to join the NPF Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NeptunePinkFloyd
Flozzie
Axe
Axe

Post by Flozzie »

How do I get rid of that annoying Facebook/Twitter Bar on the bottom of the page.

It's really pi$$ing me off.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You can click the two downward pointing arrows at the right of the toolbar to make it hide.