Some news....possibly.

Post by ddebil »

siderealxxx
Axe
Axe

Re: Some news....possibly.

Post by siderealxxx »

Same here at the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11556101

This is interesting (EXCITING!) news indeed and not something to be announced lightly... (though nothing definite I'm sure).

That said, please no more uber-exclusive charity events e.g. Hope Foundation whereby only the "have's" benefit! Remember the fans!!!

Unless they want to play round my house in which case I'll make an exception <ii>
pinksmile
Axe
Axe

Post by pinksmile »

Personally i could not care less about these ridiculous "charity gigs". If they want to donate to charity just donate in private there is no need to make announcements to the world that "we would only get back together for a charitable cause". I am fed up with hearing all these rock stars saying they want to "end poverty" etc etc, yet nothing ever changes in these poor countries. All these shows seem to do is boost the profile of these performers so the world can see them say "hey we are doing our bit". If Pink Floyd want to reunite, then pull your fingers out Waters,Mason,Gilmour and put together a new album and tour it to promote it. Surely they can manage a dozen or so new songs between the 3 of them.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I think we've got too much faith in them to go into the studio and produce an album for charity.
Dave Gilmour said he was still writing songs during his On An Island tour and that was a few years ago. Turn on the Pink Floyd creative tap and all that will run is the sound of air! (And not the French band either)
Live gigs would be good, I suppose I could learn to get by with one lung to pay for it...
Or, if they really want to make a donation but can't get together enough to finalise a set, why not an archived live album or BBC Sessions album from the 4 man Floyd and donate royalties from that?
Suppose we'll have to take this story one day at a time...
floydcrimsonelp
Axe
Axe

Post by floydcrimsonelp »

UUUGH!!!! I live in Los Angeles! I'm seeing Waters next month but I so badly want to see Gilmour!!! He works so slowly so i don't know if it's even possible.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

My hopes have peaked and fell so many times that I've come to the conclusion that we might as well piss in the wind. The one off Live 8, I loved then Richard Wright died.
I'd love to see Gilmour play a show or 10, on Roger Waters tour. But, as for the three grumpy gentlemen writing, recording, then touring with an album. I think it's safe to say, no way.
shawncoors
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shawncoors »

Yeah I just saw it here...

http://wzlx.radio.com/2010/10/18/former ... s-reunion/

I wonder if this is really going to happen, I need this tour...I sure hope so I'd give anything to go to that!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Ha, ha, Nick is promoting his book and, well... ](*,) :-;