David Gilmour to play Guitar on The Wall Tour 2010 2011

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
pffan1990

Re: David Gilmour to play Guitar on The Wall Tour 2010 2011

Post by pffan1990 »

Ah no, that was actually false. Mason took the morning after and never gotten confirmed pregnant in the first place. Get your facts right man!!! :lol:

To clarify the possible confusion: I think the dude who made the 'falling out' comment was actually talking about Gilmour and Mason in terms of Mason's book that he had been working on at the time since 1995 hence Mason's lack of playing "Wish You Were Here" at the '96 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame show. Thanks to omnicron for pointing that out sometime ago since I would have never even thought of that. Anyway, I think the person also meant that if Gilmour and Mason still had beefs of the book, then those two would probably never play again even with Waters. However, I noticed on Gilmour's "Remember That Night" DVD, that Mason's "Comfortably Numb" performance was missing but yet he was shown rehearsing it as well as standing with Steve DiStanislao for pics in the Documentary.
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Aw crap I may have continued to throw the thread off topic.

Anyway, I'm glad that Gilmour has decided to play guitar but I'm more certain that it'll be one of the 2011 shows, more likely London. I'm more disappointed that no Kentucky shows had thus far been announced. It is ridiculous that in the entire history of solo member tours no KY shows had been known to occur while Pink Floyd came here four times: 1973, 1977, and twice in 1987.

However, I have somewhat completed my circle at the Chicago show in 2006 seeing Gilmour and Wright. I don't think I should even be asking for more even if I still haven't seen Mason in concert since I saw Waters in the 2000 "In The Flesh" Cincinnati show and the 2006 DSOTM Indianapolis show. But maybe I'll see Mason at one of his car races in which my circle would really be completed. LOL.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

I imagine that Gilmour will also sing the chorus to Comfortably Numb. It would be strange if he just played the solos.
shineon811
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shineon811 »

I truly hope it is the show in Philly...You know the events that occurred to create Comfortably Numb, happened at the Spectrum! So it would be so fitting! David, if you're reading, do it at the Thursday show :D
newsflash
Embryo
Embryo

Post by newsflash »

Watch out for Washington DC. It's related to Publius Enigma.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Anybody got "Classic Rock Presents: Prog" where Roger Waters reveals that David Gilmour will be playing Comfortably Numb at a single concert in the USA?? I am not having that.... he should play at the MEN in Manchester, England!!
Jascierto
Blade
Blade

Post by Jascierto »

yeah, i saw that over on AFG or brain damage. I was surprised, figured it would be london. Ever since the hoping foundation gig, i've been quietly lobbying for Nassau Coliseum: it was, after all, one of the original venues in 1980. But i figure it will probably be in Los Angeles, or at Madison Square Garden. Then again, maybe Waters was just throwing us all off the trail?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Do you happen to know what the source of the story is?
Jascierto
Blade
Blade

Post by Jascierto »

AFG cites the classic rock presents prog article---they go on to say that roger plans to release the original wall concert movie DVD, though i imagine rog wouldn't do that until this tour is over
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

In a different world, I could imagine that as a surprise tour merchandise for the fans. But unfortunately in this one any sentence involving both "Pink Floyd" and "for the fans" tends to be an oxymoron.
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

Keith Jordan wrote:Anybody got "Classic Rock Presents: Prog" where Roger Waters reveals that David Gilmour will be playing Comfortably Numb at a single concert in the USA?? I am not having that.... he should play at the MEN in Manchester, England!!
Who knows, maybe he will play in UK too.
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

Yeah, yeah, 3rd post, but be ready for him in Chicago!!!! Im off to buy my tickets on ebay now.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

omnicron wrote:Yeah, yeah, 3rd post, but be ready for him in Chicago!!!! Im off to buy my tickets on ebay now.
what is the source of this rumour?
bcbriunc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bcbriunc »

Pink Floyds, first North American Tour kicked off at the PNE in Vancouver, therefore why would Roger and David not finish on December 10, 2010 at Rogers Arena in Vancouver !
bcbriunc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bcbriunc »

The Wall is all about war and pro war nations, and the USA probably ranks #1 in this department, so don't hold your breath waiting for him to show anywere in th US !!