Pink Floyd Concert on BBC 6 Music

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

British radio station BBC 6 Music are to broadcast Pink Floyd "Meddle" era concert recordings from the vast BBC archives on Wednesday 9th March 2011 at 9pm GMT.

Also featured on the 180 minute radio programme Gideon Coe will be rugged violinist Seth Lakeman. Session highlights include The Beat, Geno Washington, the Madchester tinged King of the Slums and an early session from Courtney Love's Hole.

The BBC were thinking of shutting 6 Music down last year but was met with protests! Luckily they are still broadcasting so you can enjoy the likes of this nice radio programme!
How to listen?

BBC 6 Music is a digital only radio station so you can listen online by clicking Listen Live on this page, on a DAB radio, on Sky (0120), Freeview (707), Freesat (707) or Virgin cable on 909.

Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd Concert on BBC 6 Music

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

But that's tomorrow? orrow? orrow? orrow? orrow? orrow? orrow?

I know, wrong band. But thanks for the heads up. Set the sky plus controls to record 6 Music! (That any better?)
mv45
Axe
Axe

Post by mv45 »

Would love to hear what was broadcasted yesterday!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

It starts at 11.19 if you are listening on BBC (sh)i(te)-Player.
Basically it was just Fat Old Sun and One Of These Days.
I've never heard that version of Fat Old Sun before so I really should pull finger out on listening to live stuff.
I thought we were going to get more songs as well.
Oh well, as least it's not being played as part of an Obiturary tribute night! And the positive of any Pink Floyd being played on a BBC radio station more than cancels out the negative of no Pink Floyd played on radio at all.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

so was it from the sept 30 1971 BBC broadcast?
youda thunk this Fat Old Sun, along with the 1970 BBC Embryo would have gotten official release by now just because theyre so evolved from the relatively demo-ish studio versions