Why Pink Floyd - EMI Release Schedule Back catalogue Release

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
kahlil
Embryo
Embryo

Why Pink Floyd - EMI Release Schedule Back catalogue Release

Post by kahlil »

Includes unreleased tracks such as Raving and Drooling/Gotta Be Crazy live, a track from Household Objects, quad mixes, the Wembley 74 concert, etc. etc.
http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8& ... 1305002756

and
http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8& ... sedaterank

AOSFMASDFOIAJSDFKLAFMASFKLAMSFLAKFMAJKASDFJK!!!!!!!
<ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii>

Holy f***** sh****!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! OMG. The Wall has 7 discs!!!!!! AAAA!!!!
LarsO
Axe
Axe

Re: ENTIRE CATALOG AND DELUXE EDITIONS COMING OUT! Unrelease

Post by LarsO »

This have been discussed here:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showt ... p?t=250309

..and it seems we're getting:

So-called "Immerse Box Sets" and "Experience Versions" of DSOTM, WYWH and The Wall.
The Box sets are 5-6 discs and includes standard albums, surround mixes, live videos, documentaries, unreleased tracks++
The Experience Versions are 2 disc CD sets with standard (new remaster) album and bonus disc. So far we know that DSOTM will have a live recording from 1974 and that WYWH will have live tracks of SOYCD, R&D and YGBC (probably the same concert), Wine Glasses from Household Objects and the Stephane Grapelli version of WYWH. No detailed info about The Wall yet except the release date.

New remasters of entire catalogue and a box set called "Discovery" that gathers all of these.

+ a 1 disc (!) best of called "Foot In The Door"
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

My god it's...

it's...

beautiful.

Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Heart says "Yes".
Wallet says "Are you crazy?!?".
Laptop says "Not enough memory to stream."
Gilmour says "Don't send my son to prison! Look! 6 discs of DSOTM!"
2012 Athlete says "200m race? Easy. 7 discs of The Wall? OXYGEN! *gasp OXYGEN!"
NPF Forum says "They left this off 'A Foot In The Door'! They left that off 'A Foot In The Door'!"
Person Who Bought The 1990's Reissues At The Time says "F@#*!&&^^$^$$%$%£$%£^%^&^*!"
Rolling Stone says "A pristine collection of their greatest work, available in this definitive form on CD."
Q says "Their greatest work collected on a pristine CD."
Mojo says "Edna! Edna! That band you like have got some stuff out!"
NME says "Pah! Who cares about Pink Floyd? Bourgeois twaddle that has nothing to do with today's Britian! (Although yeah, when I was growing up Mummy and Daddy played this stuff to me all the time, so I'm so buying this... but don't tell my readers!)"
Nick Mason says "Darling! We can afford that vintage car after all!"
Pink Floyd fan in a few years after buying these says "Big Issue, mate?"
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I better free up some harddrive space. :D

They better not mess this up AND they better put the 1967 Stockholm gig in there.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

... :o Damn.

... 8-[ Damn!

...ah well. What better way to spend your hard earned money then on some rare, official Floyd.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

That's my birthday present to myself sorted then(released day after my 54th) , just pre-ordered the DSOTM one ...didn't have it gift wrapped though. :lol:
henno

Post by henno »

i really hope they do this properly and not just have filler crap thats already easily available on any torrent site.
Hopefully this time rare means unseen!!!

high quality of live recordings from 67-69 would be diamond!

maybe some wall clips from 1980?? what about KQED official ?
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

So far the Immersion ones seem to be just those three , DSOTM and then Wish You Were Here and The Wall neither of which I personally want. I don't suppose they'll do a Meddle one as there wouldn't be enough live stuff other than Echoes and One Of These Days which is a pity.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

henno wrote:what about KQED official ?
I don't think the band played very well for that gig, and the audio reels are mono and in private hands. Harvested have the audio all cleaned up.

There is a chance that Brighton Dome 1972 concert films might end up on the DSOTM disk though. <ii> <ii>
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

According to Brain Damage the DSOTM Immersion one consists of the following:

THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON Immersion edition - September 26th, 2011
In addition to the remastered album, and the second disc from the Experience edition with the BBC 1974 concert recording of TDSOTM, this edition comes with FOUR additional discs:
DISC 3 – DVD 1, ALL AUDIO: The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps / The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps / The Dark Side Of The Moon, LPCM Stereo mix (as disc 1) / The Dark Side Of The Moon, Alan Parsons Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape in 1973) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps / The Dark Side Of The Moon, Alan Parsons Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape in 1973) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps
DISC 4 - DVD 2, ALL AUDIO VISUAL: Live In Brighton 1972: Careful With That Axe, Eugene (previously unreleased on DVD) / Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun (previously unreleased on DVD) / The Dark Side Of The Moon, 2003 documentary (25 min EPK) / Concert Screen Films (60 min total): British Tour 1974, French Tour 1974, North American Tour 1975. Screen films play in stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound
DISC 5 – BLURAY, AUDIO+AUDIO VISUAL: The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit / The Dark Side Of The Moon, Original stereo mix (1973) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit / Live In Brighton 1972: Careful With That Axe, Eugene (previously unreleased on DVD/BluRay) / Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun (previously unreleased on DVD/BluRay) / The Dark Side Of The Moon, 2003 documentary (EPK) / Concert Screen Films (5.1 Surround Mix): British Tour 1974, French Tour 1974, North American Tour 1975 / Concert Screen Films (High Resolution Stereo Mix): British Tour 1974, French Tour 1974, North American Tour 1975
DISC 6 - CD3: The Dark Side Of The Moon 1972 Early Album Mix engineered by Alan Parsons (previously unreleased) / The Hard Way (from ‘Household Objects’ project) / Us And Them, Richard Wright Demo (previously unreleased) / The Travel Sequence, live from Brighton June 1972 (previously unreleased) / The Mortality Sequence, live from Brighton June 1972 (previously unreleased) / Any Colour You Like, live from Brighton June 1972 (previously unreleased) / The Travel Sequence, studio recording 1972 (previously unreleased) / Money, Roger Waters’ demo (previously unreleased)
This all comes with a 40 page 27cm x 27cm booklet designed by Storm Thorgerson, an exclusive photo book edited by Jill Furmanovsky, an exclusive Storm Thorgerson Art Print, 5 x Collectors' Cards featuring art and comments by Storm Thorgerson, replica of The Dark Side Of The Moon tour ticket, replica of The Dark Side Of The Moon backstage pass, scarf, 3 x black marbles, 9 x Coasters (unique to this box) featuring early Storm Thorgerson design sketches, and a 12 page credits booklet.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Old geezers saw sunday times rich list and went:
hang on a minute... ONLY 22nd and 27th?!? FTW?!? We need this box thing out. NOW!

Just got a nice e-mail from late mr. Barrett.
They've opened a whole new site for this.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Here is NPF's news story on Why Pink Floyd new releases.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

So the only albums with extra tracks are going to be DSoTM, WYWH and Wall?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It looks that way. But the Immersion discs are plentiful across those three. There could be others on the way too I would think.

Here is the press release...
Pink Floyd Reissued Press Release FINAL(1).doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.