Why Pink Floyd - EMI Release Schedule Back catalogue Release

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: ENTIRE CATALOG AND DELUXE EDITIONS COMING OUT! Unrelease

Post by Stephen »

moom wrote:Well, it sure is sad we're only getting extras for 3 albums, but you know what? With PF making us wait for so goddamn long for rare material, it's very good news, all the thing! Yeah, the prices are gonna be right where the stars are, but hell, is there an obstacle for a fan?
Yes I agree and seeing as they can't possibly please everyone just be relieved that they've made a start ....at last \:D/
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Releasing reasonably priced scarf-less versions of the boxsets, with just the discs and maybe the book, and without all those other things would be nice for us third world fans. I mean, we are fans of Pink Floyd's music, not the bloody Pink Floyd Quiddicht team! ](*,) :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

What's with a scarf :) ? Well, you can wear it when it's cold, and you can choke a PF hater with it.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Maybe it's meant to be a Gerald Scarf(e)?
mojoman
Blade
Blade

Post by mojoman »

yawn...........
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Oh Rob, now you got me dreaming of Gerald designing something for me :lol:
mojoman wrote:yawn...........
Why?
Welcome2TheMachine
Axe
Axe

Post by Welcome2TheMachine »

I just read the WYWH Immersion set, and I noticed a Have a Cigar alternate version!

Could this have Roger's vocals on it!?

I always wanted to hear Roger sing that song, but I do think that Roy did a great job on it.

Also, I am VERY happy that 1974 Wembley is finally getting an official mixing and release!

I have "Dark Soundboard of Philadelphia", which is a mislabeled bootleg of the Wembley show, and I am going to compare the two, just to hear the differences!

:D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Welcome2TheMachine wrote:I just read the WYWH Immersion set, and I noticed a Have a Cigar alternate version!

Could this have Roger's vocals on it!?
It could just be the Quad version which has a slightly different guitar solo, but then if they are including the Quad mixes it might be a take with Roger on vocals.
tkdyce
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tkdyce »

So looking forward to the immersion editions, they look delicious
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

its funny with all the excess thats getting included in these Immersion versions some of the things that are being left out
i.e. I see no mention of the Echoes encore for that 1974 Wembley show ... hopefully they just forgot to mention it in the details of the Dark Side release
and The Wall, there should be studio leftovers, at least for that alternate Empty Spaces as heard in the movie ... in fact a good chunk of the album was rerecorded for the movie and would make for welcome bonus tracks ... maybe that Empty Spaces will end up as part of the 2 demos discs?
and with all the backstages passes and brand new books designed by Storm, wouldnt it be nice to have replicas of the original tour programs? I know Id rather have that than a makebelieve backstage pass...
speaking of which I just picked up a copy of the 1981 Wall tour program yesterday, its perfectly sized to fit in my original lp if I can remember where Ive stored it
wouldnt that be a worthy bonus for the box set?
in particulaly I'd love to have a replica of the 74/75 comic book program with the WYWH reissue
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

I'm looking into the box sets again, and it just pisses me off. Not only do I have to update my 90s remasters (if these 2011 remasters are even good), but also a few other things as well, like the updated "Is There Anybody Out There?", which comes in The Wall immersion set, and a few more official releases that were remastered this year. I seriously hope some of the stuff in the box sets (aside from the Discovery cds) get released individually. It will make things a lot easier.

Anyone want to buy my "Oh by the Way" set, AND separate 90s remasters? ](*,)
Welcome2TheMachine
Axe
Axe

Post by Welcome2TheMachine »

To be honest, I don't understand why Animals is getting snubbed from the Immersion package...

Animals is one of my favorite Floyd albums, and the '77 tour that went along is also amazing.

I would LOVE to see/hear some 1977 Animals tour audio with a professional 2011 Mix!

I would also find it cool if they had a video of Roger "raving and spitting" (see what I did there?) at Montreal...

I never got to see Floyd, but I have seen Waters twice. That's why these Live mixes are so important to me...
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

J Ed wrote:its funny with all the excess thats getting included in these Immersion versions some of the things that are being left out
i.e. I see no mention of the Echoes encore for that 1974 Wembley show ... hopefully they just forgot to mention it in the details of the Dark Side release
I'm hoping they'll announce some more Immersion box sets, namely for Meddle and Animals. There's a tonne of material from 70/71 and 77 so they wouldn't be short for extras.
J Ed wrote:and The Wall, there should be studio leftovers, at least for that alternate Empty Spaces as heard in the movie ... in fact a good chunk of the album was rerecorded for the movie and would make for welcome bonus tracks ... maybe that Empty Spaces will end up as part of the 2 demos discs?
The 2 discs of extras still haven't been announced for The Wall Immersion pack so it could be anything. Seeing as the the live discs are already in the set, I guarantee the 2 discs will be full of demos and alternate takes.
J Ed wrote:and with all the backstages passes and brand new books designed by Storm, wouldnt it be nice to have replicas of the original tour programs? I know Id rather have that than a makebelieve backstage pass...
The Immersion box sets have 40 page booklets and with the releases containing live material I'm sure they will include a whole bunch of photos, programs and tickets stubs.
Welcome2TheMachine wrote:To be honest, I don't understand why Animals is getting snubbed from the Immersion package... Animals is one of my favorite Floyd albums, and the '77 tour that went along is also amazing. I would LOVE to see/hear some 1977 Animals tour audio with a professional 2011 Mix!
Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if they released Immersion box sets of Meddle and Animals. Gilmour loves Echoes and One of These Days, and there's so much material from 70/71 and 77 that they'd have more than enough for the extra discs.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

jambo wrote: Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if they released Immersion box sets of Meddle and Animals. Gilmour loves Echoes and One of These Days, and there's so much material from 70/71 and 77 that they'd have more than enough for the extra discs.
I'd love to think they would do one from the Meddle period but what would they put on it other than One Of These Days and Echoes as alternate/live options that were specifically from Meddle ? Obviously if they have stuff that we don't know about lurking in the archives then that would be different but do you have any thoughts on what could be included on a Meddle Immersion release ?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Well they could use the 1970 and 1971 BBC Sessions material, as well as early demos of Echoes when it was first being formed, maybe even some remixed bootleg audio of one of the earlier performances.