Site Availability/Speed - May 2011

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site Availability/Speed - May 2011

Post by Keith Jordan »

Sorry about the poor performance of the website over the past couple of days. It is getting more visitors than it can handle!!

I am going to transfer the site to a new super server on a "cloud" so I can get more resources during busy times like this so there will be no downtime like we are experiencing!

I should sort that out in the next couple of months I think, house move depending.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Site Availability/Speed - May 2011

Post by Stephen »

Keith Jordan wrote:
I should sort that out in the next couple of months I think, house move depending.
Get your priorities right man!! :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Wrong! Do it again!! Wrong! Do it again!! Wrong! Do it again!! <.8.> :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I just ordered a new more powerful server for the website. This will speed the site up considerably when it is up, and keep the site up and running more often!

It is a "cloud server" meaning I can upgrade its resources at the click of a button if there is a peak in demand like with the Gilmour appearance and other events.

It should be up and running in 24 hours so I can then start transferring the site over. I aim to do the transfer of the site next weekend.

Hopefully then these fucking outages and slow site loading will stop once and for all! 8)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

FYI, the new "cloud server" is up and running. I have transferred rogerwaterstours.com over to it so the internet address books around the world are updating over the next 24 hours to point the domain to the new server. This should take a lot of load off the server NPF is on. RWT.com is more popular than NPF in terms of visitor numbers!! So, that will help.

I shall transfer NPF over perhaps next weekend once I have time. Hopefully then the site will be lightning fast and up a lot more often. 8)

Over and out.