Charlie Gilmour sentenced to 16 months in prison

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Charlie Gilmour sentenced to 16 months in prison

Post by Keith Jordan »

According to the filthy rag The Daily Mail (possibly the most disgusting paper in the UK), David Gilmour is, indeed, Pink Floyd's drummer! Doesn't mention him ever picking up a guitar! ](*,)

Oh, and Charlie Gilmour was back in court. Charlie Gilmour is alleged to have thrown a bin at the royal couple's Rolls Royce but the judge presiding over the case delayed sentencing due to the complex issue of whether or not he threw it. I bet there were a lot of other people being a bit naughty that day too who are not taking responsibility for their actions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lmour.html
charlie-gilmour-court-july-2011.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Seems David Gilmour is a drummer now.. Charlie back in c

Post by PooF »

Looks like someone has beaten him into shape!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

He looks like Harry Potter!

He now appears to be a guitarist again. I'm sure that will be a relief to Nick who might not even have been the best drummer in Pink Floyd..
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That is a very unusual defence. :?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

At first when I read the headline, I was thinking "Well it'll be good for Dave to be a drummer for a bit to let off the tension. But can he play the roll from ASOS?"
And then I saw that the Daily Mail had changed the line to guitarist. I had a dream I had gone into prison last night.
This is really selfish, but this could inspire Dave to actually make some music or plan a reunion gig? So his son going to prison isn't the final chapter in his life?
Now, I'm aware a human is going to prison, nobody here would want to be in his shoes over the next few days.
And I'm aware it's going to be a somewhat disproportionate sentence.
It's only because the Royals are involved. Did Charlie actually shout shit at Prince Charles or are they just getting him on the monument?
I read the story but thave forgotten it by the time I've written this message...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Lots of pretty damning evidence against young Chuck there.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

he will find out today if he's going to prison - and if he was a gutter rat he probably would. It will probably depend if the Judge likes Pink Floyd
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Am I the only one here who remembers that Gilmour DID play the drums (and keyboards, bass and guitars) on the re-recording of "Money" on A Collection Of Great Dance Songs?

Okay...maybe he wasn't the full-time drummer for Pink Floyd...but he DID play drums on a song on a Pink Floyd album.

And it was Money, too. :)
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I can't say I'm over-concerned as to what happens to him.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I expect Polly is very proud of him
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Looks like chuck got 16 months - watch out in the showers chuck
Frepp
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Frepp »

drafsack wrote:Looks like chuck got 16 months - watch out in the showers chuck
Very good. But having spent two months in a French jail in the nineteen 70s you'll excuse me if I don't join in the merriment. I was guilty of possession. My own fault. The boy Gilmour is only guilty of being a twat. Considering the lenient sentences doled out to rapists and murderers his sentence suggests he is being made an example of. It reeks of political game playing.
Pinkerton
Axe
Axe

Post by Pinkerton »

16 months!
I always knew he was a wrongun when he kept running into me on his tricycle. [-X
iain mchenry
Embryo
Embryo

Post by iain mchenry »

Frepp wrote:
drafsack wrote:Looks like chuck got 16 months - watch out in the showers chuck
Very good. But having spent two months in a French jail in the nineteen 70s you'll excuse me if I don't join in the merriment. I was guilty of possession. My own fault. The boy Gilmour is only guilty of being a twat. Considering the lenient sentences doled out to rapists and murderers his sentence suggests he is being made an example of. It reeks of political game playing.
This is my first post on NPF, a shame it has to be about this subject in particular.

As an ex British soldier who has had the misfortune to have lost friends and family in war the act of remembrance and the various memorials which promote that remembrance mean a hell of a lot to me. Some people may find this a bit corny but many men and women have died to allow those today the freedom to protest and when I see people deface, damage or disprespect those memorials they make me and many millions of others livid with rage. It doesnt matter who did it, they are now paying the penalty of law for their misfortunate act. To have been out of their heads on drugs is no excuse either.

I am aware that Charlie Gilmour did a lot more that day than what he did to the Cenotaph and he is now paying the price for that. Speaking as a Pink Floyd fan and someone who has great respect and admiration for David and Polly's work I can only say that I really sympythise with them on what must be a dark day, but Charlie deserves what he got. Hopefully he will pay his price and learn from his mistakes that day.

I have no problem with people being made examples of as long as if there are others who have wronged with them, then they also get treated the same way. We saw a prison sentence passed down earlier in the year on the idiot who threw the fire extinguisher off the roof of the building onto the crowd below, during the same protest, simply idiotic, negligent and inexcusable behaviour.

Regards

Iain
Frepp
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Frepp »

I think you make a very good point. I thought the sentence was a tad brutal, but -- you are right, he's guilty. He should do the time. The leniency of other sentences for different offences does baffle me, though --- but that is a different issue. I applaud your bravery and services to the country. My comment in an earlier post was aimed at those who wished arse-rape on the young Gilmour. Writing as one who has been in a communal jail shower I felt less inclined to laugh. :)