Did i tell you the name of the game?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

It's a shame they never had the intelligence to put shine on part 2 on the bloody double album!

I love part 2, especially that bit just before the main verse comes in, you know, it's a few minutes in to it and is the bit where the music lairs and builds up before climaxing at the end and the duhu duh bit starts for the verse.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

crofloyd wrote:...It's a shame that PF didn't perform Echoes on AMLOR or TDB tour. It would be very unusual to hear.

They did perform 'echoes' a few times at the beginning the AMLOR tour. They dropped it because Gilmour said he didn't want to sing about albatrosses. (or something dumb like that).
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i feel dumb for asking, but what is albatross? dont think im a dumbass, because im not, i just dont have a wide vocabulary
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

A bird that has been known to fly for weeks over the ocean,sailors used to hate to see them because they thought they were bad luck.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Or its a golfing term meaning 3 shots under parr !!! Although I'm sure Rog never it meant it like that!! Although I here he's a keen golfer...
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

They also have the largest wingspan than any other bird (apart from penguins)