Want to write an essay about Richard Wright

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Want to write an essay about Richard Wright

Post by Peter Harold »

Dear friends!

It is now soon two years ago since Mr Wright passed away. I do miss a proper biography about him, both as a musician and a person. I don't know why this doesn't happend yet. It could be becuase there is no interest about him (I doubt it!). It could also be because everyone who have the ability to publish anything about Mr Wright doesn't because he didn't spoke out by himself.

I do would like to change this. I also think it could be good to do it before everybode involved in his life is gone.

To me, I would like to write some kind of biography about him, perhaps an essay on 20 pages or more. I don't want to start with the information from Wikipedia, becuase I want to know the things that isn't known yet. I want the non-public side of Rick Wright.

Do you think you could help me to find out ways to get in touch (by e-mail) to people that have information? One thing that I would like to know more about is the time Wright spent on sea, in studio with other musicians, and his hobby as a photographer.

I am also planning to go to France to see if I could catch any people that knew him there.

I think you agree with me that it is a story about this Mr Wright to be told. His life. And I guess his life is in context with his music, both the one he released, and the one he didn't.

If there is people in this forum that have any information about how I could get in touch with people around Mr Wright, please write to me at haroldmania-at-yahoo.se or send me a PM.

Best regards,
Peter Harold (from Sweden)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Want to write an essay about Richard Wright

Post by Hudini »

I think Keef could help you reach Guy Pratt (Rick's son-in-law), so you could ask him some questions if he wants to cooperate.

I also think you should work a bit on your English if you want to write an essay and publish it.

Good luck, mate. ;)
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

Hudini wrote:I think Keef could help you reach Guy Pratt (Rick's son-in-law), so you could ask him some questions if he wants to cooperate.

I also think you should work a bit on your English if you want to write an essay and publish it.

Good luck, mate. ;)
In English? I gonna write it in Swahili, for Gods sake! ;-)

Thanks! :-)
RWW
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RWW »

Well Id certainly buy a copy!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Are you still writing this Peter? Are you there?
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

Hello!

Yes, I am still alive, but haven't gone much far with this project. I am still looking for opportunity to get in contact with people in the area around Mr Richard Wright. It is not easy as I am living in Sweden, but I had in mind a plan to take my car to France this summer and see if I can get in touch with some local people there. For the moment I am doing an analyse of the situation of 1979. Still many questions, no answers.

I have also been writing to Mr Ron Geesin (I got his e-mail adress by his son), but haven't got any answers yet. My question to him was about Mr Masons part of "Ummagumma" studio album.

If anyone would like to get in touch with me by mail, feel free to write: haroldmania[at]yahoo.se. Please, write "Richard Wright" or "Pink Floyd" in the subject, if your post is stopped by spam-filter.

Best regards
Peter

Post Scriptum:
When I finish the project, my idea is to publish it on the web, and not print it as a book. That would make it more easy for people to do further input and make the text better. So no need to buy the copy. Sharing is caring, as someone said to me yesterday.