Nick Mason as Sole Promoter of Why Pink Floyd... WHY??

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Nick Mason as Sole Promoter of Why Pink Floyd... WHY??

Post by nosaj »

Ha, ha...the two posts right above mine were fun to read...one a little funny and one quite rational...

Anyway, about the post above these two...there have been leaks about archival material coming for a few years, so it would be interesting to see that Nick is a very likely driver of this material, thus the main promoter...carry on!!
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

pastchristmas wrote:Some thoughts on the subject in no particular order:

4. Nick is the "historian" and this is, in essence, a presentable history of the Floyd.
I think this one might be one of the main reasons. He did do the book after all, plus he seems to be the one most willing to talk when he's out and about at his car shows and rally events.
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Mason seems to be doing most of the Pink Floyd archive work these days. He was on David Letterman a few years ago talking about the band, he wrote the book Inside Out, and he seems to be the most vocal in talking about the band's history. I'm guess it's because he's not doing as much with music as Roger and David. I wouldn't call him the "sole promoter" just yet, though. Maybe Roger and David will chime is as the release dates draw closer.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Well, some of the tech guys who actually worked on the material have been interviewed too...just sayin'