Yoko Ono Most Annoying Woman Ever

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yoko Ono Most Annoying Woman Ever

Post by Keith Jordan »

No wonder the Beatles split up. Imagine being sat next to this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnF80aLEcSU
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Yoko Ono Most Annoying Woman Ever

Post by olzen »

For some reason, I can't see the picture. Not that I really want to, though! :lol:
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

That's part of the Imagine film I believe. Can't see anything particulary annoying in her on that clip though. Recording sessions are almost always stressful and frustrating.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

i always put that techyness John had in this film as being down to his heroin addiction. It must be really irritating craving heroin or trying to get off it. He was either still using or trying to stop around this time.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Just another documentation of how Lennon was a bad tempered speccy c*** who punished those around him for his complete lack of musical talent. Also, a nine verse song? What the fuck was that? Lennon is put on this plinth, but he was a c*** to all those around him. He was neglected by his father as a child, so he turns round and pulls the exact same shit on Julian whilst doing all his 'daddy issues' shit on his solo albums. Self indulgent prick who couldn't play his guitar.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I know of at least one who is more annoying.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Do tell.... <ii>
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

:lol: No, once I start there'll be no stopping me.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

my breakfast. wrote: Also, a nine verse song? .
which song is that? I've never heard that before. I'd be interested to know which song 'cause Lennon had a thing about the #9.
czgibson
Blade
Blade

Post by czgibson »

danielcaux wrote:Can't see anything particulary annoying in her on that clip though. Recording sessions are almost always stressful and frustrating.
I agree. It's easy to get a bit tetchy when you're trying to get someone to understand the music you have in mind.

At least Yoko wasn't doing her free-form screeching vocal routine. Then it really would be a case of "run to the hills!!"
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Also, she can write quite nice songs when she feels like doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PykGoJBgaYs
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Ono ... zzzzzzz
Lennon ... zzzzzzz

... and don't get me going on "Imagine" - Imagine no possessions? Oh fuck off will ya ... What a load of self-righteous bollocksology. It's easy to be an idealistic tree huggin hippy when the bank account is extremely healthy ... give it away then - go fuckin live in poverty if the ideal is so "true" to you ... what , you can't because who would stay and spread the word ? blah blah blah ....

so then what happens ? ... martyrdom and a pair of Ltd Edition Converse trainers in your name ... sniff ... beautiful. :roll:
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Well, I doubt John would've opted for martyrdom, had he had the choice. As for the rest, true. I don't think that statement is more criminal than the whole hippie-attitude in general, though. And that was bigger than Lennon or the other Beatles.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Yoko Ono is better than the Beatles. Approximately Infinite Universe is a better album than anything John Lennon ever released under his own name or with the Beatles. My favourite thing music by John Lennon is his guitar playing from the Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band album. It's insane. I'm looking forward to her new album with Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon.

What I like is when Beatles fans ignorantly try to blame Yoko Ono for splitting up the Beatles, rather than admitting that the reason they split is because of the ego-clash between McCartney, Lennon and Harrison.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

olzen wrote:Well, I doubt John would've opted for martyrdom, had he had the choice. As for the rest, true. I don't think that statement is more criminal than the whole hippie-attitude in general, though. And that was bigger than Lennon or the other Beatles.
was it? I suppose in someways but in other ways the whole Beatles phenomenon will be a lot more well known than the rest of the hippy movement aside from maybe some acc. in history books vis a vis anti-war protests. Or in other words the Beatles were more culutrally influential than the hippy movement they were temporarily kind of a part of.