Pig at Battersea Power Station for WhyPinkFloyd?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pig at Battersea Power Station for WhyPinkFloyd?

Post by Keith Jordan »

The official Pink Floyd Facebook has created an Event for a meeting at Battersea Power Station in London where the famous Animals front cover was created. Back in the 70s, a giant inflatable pig was tethered onto one of the cooling towers which Storm Thorgerson then took a photo of to become part of the artwork for the Animals album.

The event created on Facebook is called Pigs On A Wing and does not mention what the event is about or what is happening. It has been speculated that the famous scene of the Pig being tethered to the cooling towers will be recreated!

The event is happening between 6am and 9am on the morning of the release of Why Pink Floyd Phase 1 which includes Dark Side of the Moon in Experience and Immersion editions as well as the normal Discovery version of the albums bother as single albums and box set.
pink-floyd-animals-cover.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enish
Knife
Knife

Re: Pig at Battersea Power Station for WhyPinkFloyd?

Post by Enish »

I hope some people have video cameras with them that day, since there's no way I'd be able to make it from the U.S.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I would hope the Floyd would film it and BBC which would make its way around. 8)
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Oh, yeah, that's right: news coverage. :lol: I'm going to check the BBC's website the day of and see if anything's up. I doubt a story like that would appear on BBC America.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

In this very special day we want to share with you, the fans, this fine recreation of Pink Floyd's classic 1977 Animals album cover! An album so beloved and important for us that it will not be having the special Experience nor Immersion treatment though. No photos please. No photos.
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Aww. :( At least we know what's up.

In addition to Keith's suggestion about the BBC covering the story, I have a feeling that EMI is going to record some of the event and post it on YouTube. That seems like the kind of thing they would do. Why else would they ask people not to take pictures?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

danielcaux wrote:An album so beloved and important for us that it will not be having the special Experience nor Immersion treatment though.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK!!!!
rovers95
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rovers95 »

Hudini wrote:
danielcaux wrote:An album so beloved and important for us that it will not be having the special Experience nor Immersion treatment though.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK!!!!
I whole heartedly concur with this reply - the one Immersion I was REALLY looking forward to :cry: Where is the quote from by the way?
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

i call "bullshit" on the quote. i think danielcaux is having a laugh.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

You are quite right David, you people should check and tune up your sarcasm detectors! :lol:

It was just my way of pointing out the irony that they chose an Animals related location to kind of celebrate the release of the Immersion boxsets for DSOTM, WYWH and... bump ...The Wall!
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

danielcaux wrote:You are quite right David, you people should check and tune up your sarcasm detectors! :lol:

It was just my way of pointing out the irony that they chose an Animals related location to kind of celebrate the release of the Immersion boxsets for DSOTM, WYWH and... bump ...The Wall!
I think they're doing in so it can tie into the viral campaign that they're doing with the flying pigs over various international landmarks (though they are branching out into giant cows, flying clocks, and beds spread out ala Momentary Lapse). EMI probably won't do something like this again for a long time, so they might as well do it while the younger generation has a chance to watch.
Bahnstormer
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bahnstormer »

They haven't actually given us an exact location to watch from, so would you go to the gates of the power station, or on the opposite bank of the Thames to watch ???

I would imagine it must be the 'tethered pig' scene from Animals - I will be extremely miffed if I miss some sort of Pink Floyd reformation or gig ! (unlikely at 6.00am I know but you never know !)
Ruby900
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruby900 »

I'd love to be there, however not possible.......sadly :(
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

EMI Music have just confirmed that on Monday (26th September) they will launch the 'Why Pink Floyd…?' 2011 remasters and collectors edition campaign by recreating the legendary Pink Floyd 'Animals' sleeve and float the Pink Floyd Pig above Battersea Power Station. This will be the first time in 35 years that the Pink Floyd Pig will fly again above the iconic London landmark. For more details visit PinkFloyd.com
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Keith Jordan wrote:EMI Music have just confirmed that on Monday (26th September) they will launch the 'Why Pink Floyd…?' 2011 remasters and collectors edition campaign by recreating the legendary Pink Floyd 'Animals' sleeve and float the Pink Floyd Pig above Battersea Power Station. This will be the first time in 35 years that the Pink Floyd Pig will fly again above the iconic London landmark. For more details visit PinkFloyd.com
...and you may be able to take pictures! :lol: