Yoko Ono Most Annoying Woman Ever

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Jack Wolf
Axe
Axe

Re: Yoko Ono Most Annoying Woman Ever

Post by Jack Wolf »

PublicImage wrote: That certainly is odd. Why would someone hate a person who they consider to be bad at singing? If you are going to defend people for hating Yoko Ono, that is not a good defense.
I actually don't hate Yoko Ono as a person, I hate the fact that a record company would give her a record deal simply based on the fact that she was married to John Lennon, and for no other reason. I think it's the popularity of her terrible music that irritates me most. If her music was almost entirely unknown then it wouldn't be a big deal.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Jack Wolf wrote:I think it's the popularity of her terrible music that irritates me most. If her music was almost entirely unknown then it wouldn't be a big deal.
Actually, if this thread proves anything is that her music is indeed almost entirely unknown.

Here's another nice song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DHm7p1sm4

Not great, but certainly not the "terrible wailing noises" some people claim that she only makes.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Guess who's now following me on Twitter :lol:
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

olzen wrote:Guess who's now following me on Twitter :lol:

Join twitter. Verify your account. Set your account to automatically follow back everyone who follows you. Ignore everyone who follows you. Hire good lawyers.
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

Yoko Ono is a woman? :shock:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've recently heard her song from Double Fantasy, "I'm Your Angel" as the jingle for some pet related commercial.

My first thought was "great...now she's going to think that people WANT to hear her."
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

People can like, appreciate, tolerate or justify her. That's their prerogative. I don't and can't. Admired John...still do...always will...but not her.

Sorry John. If you really loved her that was your business and your right but............
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Personally I will always be amused by the stories of those bloody awful art installations she supposedly ran and met John Lennon at. The funniest bit of all that is I heard the first time they met (don't quote me on this) Lennon basically took the mickey out of a bunch of the installations - for example, he went up to an apple that Ono had attached a $300 dollar price tag to as a statement about inflation or something and ate it, saying "I'm not paying that for an apple."
AndrewJFisher
Axe
Axe

Post by AndrewJFisher »

I resent even starting a topic with this title. I'm glad the Beatles broke up, to me they were basically poppers pretending to be rockers. Don't care who's to blame/be thanked for it. I've heard some of Yoko's stuff and I think she probably made her mark on women's music e.g Dagmar Krause, Kate Bush, B-52s, Björk
Dillion
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Dillion »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:58 am Personally test link I will always be amused by the stories of those bloody awful art installations she supposedly ran and met John Lennon at. The funniest bit of all that is I heard the first time they met (don't quote me on this) Lennon basically took the mickey out of a bunch of the installations - for example, he went up to an apple that Ono had attached a $300 dollar price tag to as a statement about inflation or something and ate it, saying "I'm not paying that for an apple."
Man, they were both weirdos. Lennon had talent though. haha
Last edited by Dillion on Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrNakano
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DrNakano »

Never really minded Yoko, think she often gets an undeserved bad rep meself :D

I really liked the one collab album she did with John (the name escapes me), but it had some amazing almost krautrock like rhythms and dissonant guitar shredding, as I recall...

I did have to laugh when she was asked her favourite Lennon solo song a few years ago and said "How Do You Sleep?" though. A slight axe to grind methinks?? :)
mabewa
Axe
Axe

Post by mabewa »

AndrewJFisher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:52 am I resent even starting a topic with this title. I'm glad the Beatles broke up, to me they were basically poppers pretending to be rockers. Don't care who's to blame/be thanked for it. I've heard some of Yoko's stuff and I think she probably made her mark on women's music e.g Dagmar Krause, Kate Bush, B-52s, Björk
Agreed on the point about her inspiring women's music. She's also the godmother of Japanese noise rock, like Boredoms, OOIOO, Afrirampo, Acid Mother Temple, etc. That's a lot of cool music she's inspired.

But I do love the Beatles!