Pink Floyd Take Over BBC 6 Music - 7th October 2011

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd Take Over BBC 6 Music - 7th October 2011

Post by Keith Jordan »

The Pink Floyd will be taking over the airwaves at BBC 6 Music from 7pm on 7th October 2011 until 3am the next morning!

8 programs will involve play-lists, analysis of albums, a new interview with David Gilmour and Nick Mason, live recordings and documentary analysis and should keep most Pink Floyd fans out of trouble for a good few hours! This huge takeover of BBC 6 Music is all part of the Why Pink Floyd phase 1 event of course.

Personally, I will be setting my Sky+ to record all of these but, alternatively, you can listen online at BBC 6 Music website, listen on a digital radio (not analogue) and also listen through the TV on the likes of Sky TV and various Cable providers. If you are reading this and it is past 7th October, don't despair as it should all be available on BBC iPlayer!
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Re: Pink Floyd Take Over BBC 6 Music - 7th October 2011

Post by Meandthem »

Great!
We're soaked in Floyd these days!
<ii>
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

BBC 6 Music will be having a Pink Floyd Night this coming Friday 7th October 2011. One of the shows is called Now Playing @6Music and airs on Friday between 7-9pm (GMT) and you the listener can determine what the play list will be on the night!

You can suggest tracks >>> http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... bc-6-music

BBC 6 Music want you to make a playlist based around everything Pink Floyd.

• Their own material, from rarities ad album tracks to their finest moments
• Solo work from band members past and present
• Acts they’ve influenced (well where to begin) – David Bowie, U2, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Gorillaz, Mystery Jets etc
• Bands related to their early Joe Boyd produced work – think The Incredible String Band, Fairport Convention, Nick Drake and more
• Bands with amazing live shows – something pioneered by Floyd
TearDownTheWall
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TearDownTheWall »

Thanks Keith. I meant to tune into this online as I am not from the UK but the US. In my old age I lapsed and forgot about it and cussed myself the next morning. I wasn't aware it would be available after the fact though and seeing that it is I will have some exciting plans (for me, not my wife), this friday. Nothing like zoning out to some classics thinking back to the good old days. To make it even better I will be hooking up my yamaha receivers to my computer. I just got the proper cables so this should make for a new listening experience.