Pulse DVD

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this Video/DVD

5 - Best
39%
44%
6%
No votes
1 - Worst
11%

Total votes: 18

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pulse DVD

Post by drafsack »

This thread is to discuss Pink Floyds Pulse DVD.

It has been available as a Video, DVD and Laser disc

Feel free to discuss any of the formats

Basic Track Listing
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Learning to Fly
High Hopes
Take It Back
Coming Back to Life
Sorrow
Keep Talking
Another Brick in the Wall
One of These Days
Speak to Me
Breathe
On the Run
Time
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Re: Pulse DVD

Post by TheFloydian1 »

I assume the thread for the Pulse CD is where some are bringing up the DVD in. Perhaps this thread and that one should be merged.

Anyway, I truly hope that this is upgraded to Blu-Ray at some point. I realize 99% are claiming it can't be done, but as technology gets better, I hope something can be done. [-o<
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Since it wasn't shot on hi-res or film there's no way to really upgrade the resolution. The only possible improvement for a blu-ray release would be increasing the bitrate of the digital file I think, but image-wise that wouldn't be as noticeable.

They could also throw in hi-res lossless audio and a few more extras, so I don't completely discard the possibility that they end up releasing this on B-ray some day.
sherer
Axe
Axe

Post by sherer »

anyone know why this wasn't shot on proper film and what it was actually shot in ?

Still not seen all the extras on the DVD so might have it give it another play soon
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I believe it was filmed to video tape which is not so clever. Not sure why they would do that other than the expense of film cameras. Not sure of the exact technical specs, perhaps someone else is...
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

The Bootleg extra songs are awesome the 3 shows from the France show is performance wise better then some of the pulse songs where the band are in robot mode aka Time. I wonder if they did a full bootleg edit of that show or did they just use them 3 songs and not go further?

But that aside some of the camera angles on High Hope for example are bette than the vhs and PPV broadcasts IMO. All this dvd needs is a multi cam mix some better extras like a proper tour documentry the Foxboro 1994 gigs which were shot by MTV thrown in a 4 disc boxset.

4/5
Last edited by azza200 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sherer
Axe
Axe

Post by sherer »

azza200 wrote:The Bootleg extra songs are awesome the 3 shows from the France show is performance wise better then some of the pulse songs where the band are in robot mode aka Time. I wonder if they did a full bootleg edit on them 3 songs????

But that aside some of the camera angles on High Hope for example are bette than the vhs and PPV broadcasts IMO. All this dvd needs is a multi cam mix some better extras like a proper tour documentry the Foxboro 1994 gigs which were shot by MTV thrown in a 4 disc boxset.

4/5
Maybe they could do am immersion set of Pulse and add in the DVD with better extras
xtremevette
Embryo
Embryo

Post by xtremevette »

azza200 wrote:All this dvd needs is a multi cam mix some better extras like a proper tour documentry the Foxboro 1994 gigs which were shot by MTV thrown in a 4 disc boxset.

4/5

hate to resurrect a 2 year old thread...but where did you hear that MTV filmed Foxboro in 1994? I haven't seen any proof of this nor have I found any place that put it together for sale. Please eleborate. I am desperately trying to locate footage from the May 1994 Foxboro show!

Jeff
[email protected]