Roger Waters Howard Stern Interview Jan 2012

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters Howard Stern Interview Jan 2012

Post by Keith Jordan »

Roger Waters confirmed this morning on the Howard Stern Radio show that he got married to his girlfriend of ten years Laurie Durning. He was married in a low key ceremony on Saturday 14th January 2012.

In the interview Roger Waters discussed a range of sensitive topics rather candidly with notorious radio host Howard Stern. He is very forthright to say the least. You can listen to the interview below.

There was plenty discussed, check it all out and share your thoughts on this thread!

I think that's Richard Gere sitting over there.... 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO_IuX668dM
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters Howard Stern Interview Jan 2012

Post by Gem »

I dislike Howard Stern.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

He is certainly very crude and abrupt but some of it is rather funny! Roger seems to be having a good time too! :D
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

It's quite interesting. Thanks for the link. :)
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Holy crap...that was an interrogation, not an interview! <.8.> I don't think I could last 5 minutes in a room with Howard Stern, let alone a whole hour. This is the calmest I've heard Waters, yet he's having all these buttons pushed in the interview. Still a pleasure to listen to, though. Thanks for sharing this.

And congrats to Waters and Durning on their marriage! [-D-]
Latin Floydian
Axe
Axe

Post by Latin Floydian »

amazing.
Thanks for post it.
SydWaters
Embryo
Embryo

Post by SydWaters »

Pink Domino
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Pink Domino »

Wherein Rog and Howard agree that Nick, David and Rick contributed fuck nothing towards Pink Floyd other than a couple of unfinished riffs. If that. ](*,)

... and if only Howard could SHUT UP for 5 seconds already.

Other than that, very enjoyable. Seriously.
Panzer
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Panzer »

An hour long interview with Roger Waters in a good mood sounds fantastic but to hear that guy interrupting all the time was unbelievable and could only watch the first 5 mins :mad:
tonymasiello
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tonymasiello »

I thought it was the best interview I've ever heard Roger give. Not that there was anything groundbreaking, but Roger was very candid and talked about a wide range of subjects and covered just about every period of the band's history. I've been listening to Stern since the early 80's so I'm quite familiar with his interview style, so nothing came as a surprise to me there. He's not an expert on Waters or Floyd. A great example is when the subject of guitar playing comes up and he asks Roger, "Aren't you one of the greats?". Stern's style is very off the cuff and stream of conscience, so you get half the story about the trip to Beirut, and then the conversation goes off on a tangent and doesn't come back... Still a very entertaining listen...
bonjanee
Axe
Axe

Post by bonjanee »

Just go to 15:55 and listen for about 10 sec

made my week :-)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed, he sounds like a mad man! I just replaced the YouTube video with the higher quality one I later uploaded for your reference. :D
nat
Embryo
Embryo

Post by nat »

I actually listen to Stern in the mornings when the commute permits, but I missed this interview live. Many thanks for the full upload. I finally had a listen, and it was a good one, though not as earth-shattering as I might have hoped.

It really sounds like Waters has had a complete about-face regarding his feelings and relations with the rest of the band in the past 7 or so years and now it's Gilmour that is having a hard time letting go of the past bad blood. Just watching Roger in the Live 8 footage-- it's clear he's having the time of his life, and it's heartwarming in a way.