1990 - The Wall Live in Berlin Performance

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
sherer
Axe
Axe

Re: 1990 - The Wall Live in Berlin Performance

Post by sherer »

moom wrote:
admiral panther wrote:cindy lauper singing mother.
Joni Mitchell did, I think. Definitely not Lauper.
It was Sinead who did Mother. Joni did Goodbye Blue Sky

See this article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_% ... _in_Berlin
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Sinead on mother:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpcvzL2m4nY

good old Joni:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN85hnGBYzg
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Oh, sorry. Thanks. It was a long while since I last watched it.
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

Post by admiral panther »

you know ive been in fun and games and venturing out a little but this reminded me that i have berlin, im going to have to give it a good viewing.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I've only seen the video. Does the DVD have an extra where the sound goes out for both the audience and the satellite viewers and Roger did a spontaneous tap dance? It actually happened (Although I didn't see it) but I've read it happened. In all this time I never thought to go to You Tube to watch it until now writing this post!
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:I've only seen the video. Does the DVD have an extra where the sound goes out for both the audience and the satellite viewers and Roger did a spontaneous tap dance? It actually happened (Although I didn't see it) but I've read it happened. In all this time I never thought to go to You Tube to watch it until now writing this post!
you know youtube sounds interesting but i have a slow connection, perhaps you could let me know what you find. ive got a built in tv dvd, not alot of stereo of special effects but it does the job well. i dont recall seeing the tap dance but within a couple days or 3 or 4 i will give it a good watch. my dvd time is limited to about an hour or 2 a day so it takes me a couple days to watch...thanks..
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

admiral panther wrote:
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:I've only seen the video. Does the DVD have an extra where the sound goes out for both the audience and the satellite viewers and Roger did a spontaneous tap dance? It actually happened (Although I didn't see it) but I've read it happened. In all this time I never thought to go to You Tube to watch it until now writing this post!
you know youtube sounds interesting but i have a slow connection, perhaps you could let me know what you find. ive got a built in tv dvd, not alot of stereo of special effects but it does the job well. i dont recall seeing the tap dance but within a couple days or 3 or 4 i will give it a good watch. my dvd time is limited to about an hour or 2 a day so it takes me a couple days to watch...thanks..
Sorry to report every video I found of the 1990 Wall was the video release, I looked for someone who had the raw footage of video taping it off BBC Two at the time in 1990. Where the actual glitches happened, and they are mentioned in the Wiki page, so it looks like someone's bootleg of the gig might get more clues as to what it sounded like.
Unless for a Pink Floyd prank Roger Waters bought up every piece of footage and stuck it in his safe to save his embarrassment? 8-[
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

maby rog wants to do an imersion set. =P~ im going to start watching it tonight, its been awhile, see if i notice anything new. what im really waiting for is a dvd of the current wall tour. think will get one?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

admiral panther wrote:. what im really waiting for is a dvd of the current wall tour. think will get one?
Hope so! It's the only thing keeping me sane that I didn't go and see him!
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:
admiral panther wrote:. what im really waiting for is a dvd of the current wall tour. think will get one?
im in that boat too, no see. berlins the closest thing i have to relate. i started it last night. im not sure how rog would make another dvd. hopfully a big stadium concert, we can hope. so thats what i do to relate listen to the mp3 and dvd
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Sorry to report every video I found of the 1990 Wall was the video release, I looked for someone who had the raw footage of video taping it off BBC Two at the time in 1990. Where the actual glitches happened, and they are mentioned in the Wiki page, so it looks like someone's bootleg of the gig might get more clues as to what it sounded like.
Unless for a Pink Floyd prank Roger Waters bought up every piece of footage and stuck it in his safe to save his embarrassment? 8-[

There you go folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHT2CPIPdfw
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

ah yes, cindy lauper, the on stage lap dancer, gotta admit shes kind of cute with all that hair. girls, they just want to have fun, thanks... <ii>
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:
They recorded London and Athens in 2011 for the purpose of making a DVD. I guess its delayed because the tour continues and maybe the immersion stuff. Dont know if they have plans to record any of the upcoming stadium stuff but we will be getting a dvd at some point.
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

well i finished off the dvd, always good, is there a bit of humer in there? i think so. like rog shooting the bricks with a giant syrynge. seems the movies a bit more serious than berlin. anyhow its all fun...
sherer
Axe
Axe

Post by sherer »

admiral panther wrote:well i finished off the dvd, always good, is there a bit of humer in there? i think so. like rog shooting the bricks with a giant syrynge. seems the movies a bit more serious than berlin. anyhow its all fun...
There's a limo at the start but no hummer :D