New Roger Waters album?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

New Roger Waters album?

Post by qjamesfloyd »

With Roger on a never ending tour at the moment, which is cool, It got me thinking is Roger ever going to release a new album? He said a couple of years a go, that he had recorded enough material for 2 albums, so presuming he is still writing new songs, maybe recording them too, what are his plans for this material? Will Roger ever release a new album?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Roger Waters album?

Post by Keith Jordan »

He does seem rather busy at the moment with all sorts of work. I hope he has done something with his new album that he has been talking about for years. Who knows when that will be released! I predict 2013 along with a Gilmour one! 8)
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

Post by admiral panther »

you know after radio kaos and had a dream about a new album and then came amused to death...no dreams as of yet though...
sherer
Axe
Axe

Post by sherer »

would be nice to get something new from either of the two remaining driving forces of the Floyd.

Right now it seems more likely Nick will release something :D
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I don't want this as I want Roger to stay alive, but imagine how great his first Posthumous album would be?
That would be the best thing for him. He knows he'll never be able to top The Wall so this might get it into his head that his live shows would be a waste of time as they aren't The Wall shows.
So he compiles and compiles and it comes out one fantastic album. (The follow up might be scrapping the barrel)

I am in no rush to hear this so, LIVE, ROGER! LIVE! (Rhymes with "with")
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Pink Floyd recorded More pretty quickly and that wasn't bad. On an Island was processed to death and was er... yeah. Hopefully the grumpy old git will get around to releasing something. And give us a DVD of his The Wall tour 8)
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Don't expect the album any soon. First he will finnish touring The Wall, then he wil release the DVDs from The Wall tours (1981-2011) and there's also the "movie" from the DSOTM 2007 tour (Swaddle?). So that covers pretty much like a 3-5 years period, and after that he will star the whole writing-recording process of the new album, hopefully, and that wil be perhaps another year or two.

How old is he? Like 67? So perhaps he will be releasing his swan song album at 72 or 73? Lot of pressure there, don't know if the old geezer can pull it off.

I sincerely hope he will.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Well, I get the feeling that he has been recording songs throughout each year that passes, stockpiling if you will. I expect he has a lots of songs written and recorded, but if he will ever get time to release them is anyone's guess. I was listening to Flickering Flame the other day, and I really like the song, even if it's in demo form, but it got me wondering if Roger has a fully finished version of that song just sitting and waiting to be released :D because if that song is an indication of what he has been writing over the last 10-15 i'd be very happy to hear it all.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

He's been talking about new material for years... that means, it's kind of unlikely...
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

moom wrote:He's been talking about new material for years... that means, it's kind of unlikely...

:smt022
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

thefinalcut wrote:
moom wrote:He's been talking about new material for years... that means, it's kind of unlikely...

Me too :(

qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Weather he releases an album or not is one thing, but I do believe he has a stockpile of songs written.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

If he writes as short ones as during The Wall and TFC, then yeah, a stockpile.
Andreysonj
Axe
Axe

Post by Andreysonj »

Well... He said it will may happen... In a interview here in Brazil he said he's working in a new album, and that David is retired...
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I hope not. He never displays any great musical talent yet he tried to write operas. Forget that noise. It will be him ranting over 'vast' orchestral washes and acoustic guitar passages all cooked together in some boring 'stadium rock' format with lots of high definition sound effects. Yawn yawn yawn.