The Making of Wish You Were Here coming to DVD & Blu-Ray

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Welcome2TheMachine
Axe
Axe

The Making of Wish You Were Here coming to DVD & Blu-Ray

Post by Welcome2TheMachine »

Source: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8476

This summer, Eagle Rock Home Entertainment will bring Pink Floyd: The Making of Wish You Were Here to Blu-ray. Through a mix of new and vintage interviews with band members Roger Waters, David Gilmour, and Nick Mason - among others - the documentary, which originally premiered on U.K. television stations last year, details the creation of Pink Floyd's classic Wish You Were Here album.

From Eagle Rock's official synopsis:

"The band members discuss the album's themes of absence, the greed of the music business, and former band member Syd Barrett, who is famously celebrated in 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond,' which both opens and closes the album. The program also covers the unexpected visit Barrett paid to Abbey Road during the recording, the difficulties of the early recording sessions, and how the decision to split 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' into two sections was the catalyst for the album's successful completion."

While many of the Blu-ray's technical and supplementary specifications are still unknown, Eagle Rock promises that the "Blu-ray releas[e] contain[s] additional bonus material not featured in the TV broadcast version, including further interviews with Roger Waters, David Gilmour, and Nick Mason plus Roger Waters and David Gilmour performing excerpts from the Wish You Were Here album."

Pink Floyd: The Making of Wish You Were Here streets on June 26th.
I missed it on TV when it was on VH1 Classic earlier this month, so I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: The Making of Wish You Were Here coming to DVD & Blu-Ray

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I missed it when it was on UK TV last year! So put me down for a copy of this as well. I haven't bought the "Dark Side" one as I caught that on TV and it didn't tell me anything that new. This might not tell me anything new either, but it'd be nice to have. In fact It Would Be So Nice to have!
Lurking Fear
Axe
Axe

Post by Lurking Fear »

Meh, I saw it on VH1 last month. Nothing exciting or particularly revelatory.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I obtained the version off American TV. It's not as good as the Making of DSOTM. It seems a bit more superficial or something.
sherer
Axe
Axe

Post by sherer »

if this shows the songs in development from the master tapes is there anything on here that isn't in the immersion box set ?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

And of course, the minute I buy it, it'll be repeated and repeated on VH1 for the rest of time...
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I'll pick up the Blu-ray the day it comes out, loved this doco!
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

Looking forward for this...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I haven't seen it yet so may have to get a copy too. I shall see if I can get a review copy of course as my funds do not extend as far as £12!

Looking forward to hearing the album in Abbey Road studios being looked at track by track. 8)
Welcome2TheMachine
Axe
Axe

Post by Welcome2TheMachine »

Keith Jordan wrote: Looking forward to hearing the album in Abbey Road studios being looked at track by track. 8)
Me too! I loved what Eagle Rock did with the Dark Side of The Moon one, especially when Alan Parsons and David Gilmour were isolating the individual tracks of Great Gig in The Sky and Money. I hope to see more of that in the Wish You Were Here doc.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Welcome2TheMachine wrote:Me too! I loved what Eagle Rock did with the Dark Side of The Moon one, especially when Alan Parsons and David Gilmour were isolating the individual tracks of Great Gig in The Sky and Money. I hope to see more of that in the Wish You Were Here doc.
Indeed, that is what is in my mind also. 8)
brokentiny
Embryo
Embryo

Post by brokentiny »

Eventually I'll upgrade to Blu Ray, but in the meantime it's a shame there isn't a PAL version on DVD.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pink Floyd Story of Wish You Were HereBBC 4 TV are to air the full 60 minute version of the forthcoming blu-ray/DVD release of Pink Floyd: The Story of Wish You Were Here.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... -were-here
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

It had some good bits in it but I didn't think it was as well made as the DSOTM one.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

So if anyone has the DVD and saw the edited version on BBC Four last night, could you please tell me what was edited out?