If you could have been at any Pink Floyd concert...

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you could have been at any Pink Floyd concert...

Post by Keith Jordan »

If you could have been at any Pink Floyd concert... then which one would it have been? Or, which era if not a specific concert?

I would love a 5 man Floyd for those few concerts or one of the Dark Side of the Moon ones. Or an Animals one too. 8)
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Re: If you could have been at any Pink Floyd concert...

Post by Meandthem »

I would have loved to be at the two concerts in Copenhagen in 1972 - where I was to stoned to attend.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Any and all between 1967-1972.
sundog_rocks
Axe
Axe

Post by sundog_rocks »

March 7, 1973, International Amphitheater in Chicago: Echoes, Obscured By Clouds/When You're In, Childhood's End, Careful With That Axe, Eugene the complete DSTOM suite plus One of These days as the encore. ***EPIC*** set list!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

nosaj wrote:Any and all between 1967-1972.
:smt023
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

I would have liked to attend one from 1994 - Their most ambitious stage built that year. Hell, it was described once (that year) to be "the concert by which all other concerts are judged", or something like that.

Honestly, even one of the shows on the Lapse tour would be nice. Sure, it's not as complete as the 94 "Hollywood bowl" stage, but it DID, at least IMO, have a better, darker tone to it--which is the way I like it.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

premiere choix: one of their Syd era shows
amongst other reasons, Ive seen the other Floyds in various configurations but obviously not the legendary Mr Barrett
preferably an early show at the UFO or some such underground insider event, before they were pressured to play their singles and while Syd was still sane

deuxieme choix: one of The Man and The Journey shows, complete with carpentry and teatime

troisieme choix: a 1972 Eclipse show, the end of their experimental era ... did anybody in the audience appreciate the significance of what they were hearing in that first set? I know I for one wouldve been working the snobvalue of the experience for all its worth: "well of course the album version everybodys heard is all right, i guess..., but I prefer how it sounded when I first heard it before they sold out..."
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Not a concert as such but the only event I'd like to have been at is the recording of Pompeii .
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

Love Hollywood Bowl '72, but pretty much anything '73 and earlier would have been fine. Wouldn't mind Oakland Coliseum '77 either if only to hear Dogs & Pigs 3 Different Kinds.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Out of curiosity I'd like to have been at one of their shows before Syd started going weird.
Welcome2TheMachine
Axe
Axe

Post by Welcome2TheMachine »

I would see them at The Spectrum in Philadelphia (Hometown) on June 13th 1975. My Dad saw that show, and every show that Pink Floyd played in Philly from 1975-1977. I chose 1975 instead of 1977 because I personally prefer the 1975 Setlist to the 1977, as it includes songs from Animals, Wish You Were Here, and all of Dark Side of The Moon... and it ends with my personal favorite, Echoes!

I would love to have seen that show with my Dad, but alas... Time Travel is not available yet. (I have a Bootleg of the show though :lol: )

I saw Waters in 2010, now I'm just waiting on Gilmour to do another Album/Tour. [-o<

EDIT: I would have really loved to been at Montreal 1977, Earls Court 1980, and Pompeii too! (And David Gilmour @ Gdansk as an honorable mention 8) )
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Any gig at the UFO 8)
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Any 5 man Floyd gig, Sheffield city hall '70, any british winter tour '74 gig, montreal '77, wall in earls court '81, and to have had a photo accreditation in hyde park in 2005.
And of course, any gig from the final cut tour.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

I would love to heard these tracks live (in no particular order):

1. Interstellar Overdrive with Syd
2. Reaction in G and Stoned Alone with Syd (Quite unfair, including two tracks in one choice :twisted: )
3. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun with Gilmour (then again, would have liked to see it with Syd too)
4. Man And The Journey concert tracks.
5. A Saucerful Of Secrets (I especially would have love to see Celestial Voices live. :) )
6. Brain Damage
7. Echoes
8. Wish You Were Here
9. Astronomy Domine with Syd
10. Let’s Roll Another One with Syd

If there any one concert I would wish to got to, it would be one of the Man and the Journey gigs or the five man Floyd gigs (just to see whether Barrett was as erratic as he was said to be.)

If I would wish to get autographs of a particular member(s), it would be either Syd’s or Rick’s, followed by Roger Waters.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Pompeii. It would not be a concert so much as a day/couple of days spent filming the band. Watching them set up, sound check and then play multiple versions of their songs would be awesome.