Most emotional Pink Floyd song for you?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Most emotional Pink Floyd song for you?

Post by rememberaday »

For me its Wish You Were Here. That song chokes me up every time I'm a bit sad.
iain mchenry
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Most emotional Pink Floyd song for you?

Post by iain mchenry »

I cant put my finger on just one PF song. For me its either: Wots..uh the deal or Comfortably Numb. A few years apart but the lyrics for each song mean a hell of a lot to me.
Whilst not in this leage Rogers song, Amused to Death means a lot to me as well (Hope you dont mind me adding that).

Iain
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Comfortably Numb is moving too. My favourite lyric in that song is "Well I can ease your pain, and get you on your feet again". It's a bit eerie, and that line points a bit to heroin addiction.

Time is another profound song as well.
Mokum69
Blade
Blade

Post by Mokum69 »

High Hopes does it for me .
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Cymbaline. esp. the chorus. It'd be my fav floyd song but some of the lyrics don't fit the charm and emotive feel of the music. It always makes me feel the same kinda feeling I've had when I've been in love or it makes me feel the sadness at not having been able to spend my life with the first and most profound love of my life. A lot of songs do that another Floyd song that does it is Echoes, the vocal parts particularly and in some ways I don't like them songs because it brings to mind things I haven't got that I want. Like that line in Echoes 'strangers passing in the street'. Now whenever I hear it it reminds me of when I passed the librarian I fell for and proposed to last year. We passed each other in the street once about a year or so after I started going to the library she works and it's such a poignant memory for me now I can barely stand it when I hear that line in Echoes. Then again she was only the 2nd great love of my life so even if she had have left her b/f for me it would have still meant I was settling for 2nd best which is why i started that thread about that because how many people haven't been able to get it together with the person they most love...it must be a lot and they don't just say 'oh well. I'll just have to wait until I meet somone I love as much as so and so because getting together with andyone I don't love as much as so and so is settling for 2nd, 3rd or 473rd best.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

I find Julia Dream to give similar feeling of longing that you mentioned, Flyingpig. But it does not refer to only a person.
siderealxxx
Axe
Axe

Post by siderealxxx »

For me it's listening to the live version of ABITW Part 3 into the 'Last Few Bricks' and ultimately Goodbye Cruel World. This seriously chokes me up EVERY time I hear it and I don't think I can imagine a more powerful sequence of music. This was a man on the edge looking down...
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

I like Hey You's opening. It always oozes a cold, hostile feeling which fascinates me.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Dogs of War and Echoes

One makes me emotional because it's a timeless piece of brilliant musicianship played beautifully. The other one should have been called Dogs Dinner and really does make me cry if I listen to it for too long.
RonBaker2003
Axe
Axe

Post by RonBaker2003 »

For me, it's "Jugband Blues".
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

The Gunner's Dream

Especially if I have the temerity to try to sing along. Singing "...and no one kills the children anymore" always makes me choke up a bit.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

rememberaday wrote:I find Julia Dream to give similar feeling of longing that you mentioned, Flyingpig. But it does not refer to only a person.
a drug?
a dog?
An areoplane? :?
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Flying Pig437 wrote: a drug?
a dog?
An areoplane?
None of them. 47 more guesses left.
Angelic
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Angelic »

Nobody Home. In my job I often travel a lot. Sleeping in a motel, being lonely, far away from my family and having a room just for myself, I often think of this song.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

mosespa wrote:The Gunner's Dream

Especially if I have the temerity to try to sing along. Singing "...and no one kills the children anymore" always makes me choke up a bit.
Agreed.