Pink Floyd Tribute Bands...

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
troikafloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd Tribute Bands...

Post by troikafloyd »

:D I'm sure many of you have seen a few Floyd tribute bands in the past. Who do you rate as the 'best'? I have seen Australian Pink Floyd and also Brit Floyd and the latter are now by far the best. Aussie Floyd were excellent but now they have split Brit Floyd have taken the crown. I'm off to see them in Reading in May and then June in Poole. OK, not the real thing but the nearest you are ever gonna get.....! [-D-]
zabadak
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Pink Floyd Tribute Bands...

Post by zabadak »

The only one I have seen is Off The Wall. In fact, I've seen them twice - both times at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon. I would recommend them - 9/10. :-({|=
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

I found out Brit Floyd are playing Scunthorpe tonight. That's near where my folks live and relatively near where I live but I've decided not to go. I don't feel up to it also ever since my marriage proposal to Helen I've not been back to Scunthorpe where she lives and works. For some reason over the past 4 days or so she's been back on my mind a lot. I love that woman sooooooooooooooo much. It just fuckin' kills me she stayed with that 'commitment phobic' wanker instead of coming with me. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

There are some dire ones around. The first incarnation of Think Floyd weren't bad, pretty good as it goes and I have no idea what happened as the band members were all replaced the next time I went to see them back in mid 2005 I think. They were awful to my ears despite most of the audience seeming to be easily pleased. Terrible musicianship, bad sound, awful arrangements and they were frankly not up to the job. Needless to say I never saw them again.

The Aussie PF band I first saw at the PF convention which I think was their first gig back in the early 90's possibly. Incredible to hear a band play Floyd songs many of which, the band never played anymore. 'Careful','Cymbaline' and 'Echoes' all were played and I enjoyed it immensly. A few songs sounded a bit rough but all in all they were very good. I saw them a few more times after that and one tour I saw, the guitar player was simply brilliant. Damien Darlington seemed to not only play like Gilmour, he sounded like one of the best soundalikes I have heard. I saw them a year or so ago not knowing that Damien had left and boy, what a dissapointment. Gone were the exciting guitar sounds, gone was the vocalist with attitude and gone was I. I wouldn't see them again to be honest as there is little point in seeing a band that isn't as good anymore. Not seen the Brit Pink Floyd band yet but I understand the guys have now set this one up. Looking forward to catching them at soem point.

Mac Floyd I saw once....fairly ok but it was a long long time ago.

I don't think I have seen any others as clips on YouTube of the other PF tribute bands have failed to impress me.

Brit Floyd I would suggest are the best ones to see.
zabadak
Embryo
Embryo

Post by zabadak »

troikafloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by troikafloyd »

Damien is with BRIT FLOYD, saw them at the 'lighthouse' in Poole in June and what can I say.......BRILLIANT! This band absolutely leaves the others for dead. If any of you guys haven't seen them then do yourselves a favour, you will not regret it! No wonder Gilmour had some of the band members play at his 50th Birthday........They are currently playing the 'foot in the door' setlist with a 23minute 'echoes'. Have a look at the videos on their website... My favourite has got to be Comfortably Numb

http://www.britfloyd.com/

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Learning to Fly
See Emily Play
Terrapin
Astronomy Domine
Money
High Hopes
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Encore:
Echoes
Time
The Great Gig in the Sky
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
One of These Days
Hey You
Is There Anybody Out There?
Nobody Home
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

Encore 2:
Run Like Hell
troikafloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by troikafloyd »

FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

I've seen the Aussie Floyd loads of times and they used to rule the Floyd tribute act scene, but I saw them last year and I was really disappointed with the new line up. No where near as good as they used to be.

Think Floyd are a bit low rent, and would only recommend if you're really in need of a Floyd fix or you you found two tickets on the floor outside the venue..

Brit Floyd are leading the way at the moment and definitely have that Floyd feel going on at the moment.
W1P
Blade
Blade

Post by W1P »

http://www.michaelforbes.net/pink_floyd_tribute.htm

Take a look at this video and tell me if you think Which One's Pink? belongs in the conversation.
troikafloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by troikafloyd »

[-D-] Sound pretty good to me but have to say Britfloyd take the No 1 spot!
pinkyblue123
Axe
Axe

Post by pinkyblue123 »

I've seen both Aussie Floyd & Brit Floyd a couple of times each, and for my money Brit Floyd win hands down. I have received some nice stuff from their website/mailing including FREE dvd's of their concert in Liverpool from 2011 & they are very helpful, Andy Kettle especially so.