Jimi Dean Barrett: NPF Bass God?...

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Jimi Dean Barrett: NPF Bass God?...

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Evidently not no
Last edited by Jimi Dean Barrett on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Jimi Dean Barrett: NPF Bass God?...

Post by my breakfast. »

I like the concept in play here. I'm in a 'band' that is just me and a drummer. Exploring the bass in a different context is really exciting! Even James Jamerson was playing fiddly lines way back when (and people cite him as an example of bassists sticking to 'the pocket').

Acoustic bass is something I have never experimented with however. I will download your music and see what it is like. 8)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

my breakfast. wrote:
Acoustic bass is something I have never experimented with however. I will download your music and see what it is like. 8)
And the suspense keeps on building! I really don't mind if people think it's a load of badly recorded, out of tune nonsense.
I had fun doing it. And I've got my first solo open mic slot from a couple of months ago. I'd be happy to upload it. I thought it was a terrible performance, but after forcing myself to listening to it, it isn't as bad as I'd thought.

I've even written a huge 4 page poem about my bass playing recordings! You opinion cannot possibly take the piss more than I have by writing that!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

It is quite an interesting tune. Slightly cowpunk, or even a little like Nirvana's Serve the Servants. Also a slightly Syd Barrett style cyclical nature to the chord progressions. I quite like the sections where you sing in unison with the bass. Did you finger pick this? It sounds like you are using rolls, which is quite cool and not often used on bass as far as I'm aware.

That final cathartic bang over the strings after the first piece is quite cool as well.

I'm at the section you are tuning with the harmonics... what can be next???

Ok the 2nd track. I like this. A different tempo and this song seems a little more complex, the way the theme played during your initial singing seems to revolve around that other musical theme.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

See ya!