Comfortably Numb - cover by me :)

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Drwal_88
Embryo
Embryo

Comfortably Numb - cover by me :)

Post by Drwal_88 »

Hey,

This is my cover of this great song :)

It would be nice to get some feedback from you.

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNTMUGedpi8&feature=plcp
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Comfortably Numb - cover by me :)

Post by my breakfast. »

Your version sounds more frantic. The tempo seems a bit higher. What makes the original more 'drugged' or 'medicated' for me is the slow slide guitars coming up to pitch on the intro, and you did away with that and replaced it with more distorted guitars which is good. Your choice to remove the orchestral playing is also good in my opinion as it gives the original a little bit too much of an 'Abbey Road' vibe (we must put on string instruments, it makes us more highbrow!!!!). Your voice is strong enough to carry off the two vocal parts, though some quality will remain in the Floyd original purely because of the huge contrast between Roger and Dave's singing. For example Gabriel and Collins in Genesis had very similar vocal styles whereas each Floyd singer had their own 'crack' to them. Your guitar solos are also really good. You got the Gilmour tone right on. Did you use a Big Muff?
Drwal_88
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Comfortably Numb - cover by me :)

Post by Drwal_88 »

Thank you very much. No, it's not a Big Muff. To be honest all the guitars, vocals were recorded in my flat and - not to annoy my neighbors - I used VST plugins :) I have a POD Studio UX2 and I find it really nice. I think you can create some interesting sounds using it and it's fun.