Which Album Would You Choose as Next Immersion Box Set?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Which box set would you like to see next?

1967 - Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates of Dawn
13%
1968 - Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
8%
1969 - Pink Floyd - Soundtrack from the Film More
No votes
1969 - Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
3%
1970 - Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
6%
1971 - Pink Floyd - Meddle
18%
1971 - Pink Floyd - Relics
1%
1972 - Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds
1%
1977 - Pink Floyd - Animals
40%
1983 - Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
4%
1987 - Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason
2%
1994 - Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
4%

Total votes: 139

Nicholas
Axe
Axe

Re: Which Album Would You Choose as Next Immersion Box Set?

Post by Nicholas »

I had a lot of naive friends over the years who only seemed to own Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall and played the latter to death. Some good stuff in there but there's real craft Saucerful to Atom after which it just sounds like repeat formula then less progressive more pop. Wish You Were Here and Animals do have moments of grandiose I adore but they're outside the era I love so just reminders of a once great band.
WG Kaspar
Embryo
Embryo

Post by WG Kaspar »

I would probably go for Atom Hear Mother or Meddle because of what could be released as bonus material, but in truth the only realistic of further Immersion releases are Animals and Piper especially the last one as its stature has grown enormously over the years.
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

I voted Animals. But I wished I could vote two times: Animals and Meddle are two of my favorite albums.
Peter Beasley
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Beasley »

I voted for my favourite 'The Final Cut' but I was tempted to answer "None - we've been milked enough", though of course it's up to each individual if they wish to pay up.

What I'd really like to see is a radical remix of 'Animals'. For such raucous material, its production is too sterile and sanitized (I partly blame the unfamiliarity of using Brittania Row for the first time). Compare 'Sheep' and 'Dogs' with the best versions of 'Raving and Drooling' and 'Gotta Be Crazy'.
Viva Ze Bool
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Viva Ze Bool »

I've not bought the immersion stuff and there is a guy on youtube that has had the presence of mind to film himself opening the sets (I forget his name but worth searching for - his quote "Considering the price of this, Roger Waters should come round to your house and wrist you off" had me in stiches) and from what I see, you get a load of pointless junk. But I would be genuinely interested to see what there was for Animals. I mean sure ly to Christ there must be some sort of alternate cuts or demo stuff around? Animals is by miles my favourite Floyd album.
Peter Beasley
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Beasley »

Anyone know if there are outtakes of Nick struggling to do the drumming on 'SOYCD', 'Mother' and 'Two Suns in the Sunset'? Nick said himself it began to sound something like 'The Troggs Tape' in the studio. That'd be worthy of buying an Immersion Set alone!
swanlee
Embryo
Embryo

Post by swanlee »

Pretty sure the immersion project is dead, Floyd don't even have a record company right now.
towg
Embryo
Embryo

Post by towg »

swanlee wrote:Pretty sure the immersion project is dead, Floyd don't even have a record company right now.

Very naive for anyone to think there will be an Immersion Set for Animals (or any other record for that reason)

Actually the only one I think they would be remotely interested in reissuing is PATGOD. Mainly for the fact that its a monumental and iconic record like Dark Side and The Wall were.

They have much better things to do than digging through the archives yet again.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

towg wrote:They have much better things to do than digging through the archives yet again.
Well actually, they don't. :lol:
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

Hypothetically, I'd like them to go back and do The Wall properly. It needs to be produced in 5.1. If ever a piece of music was created for surround it is most certainly The Wall. After that, in order Animals, Meddle, Piper and Saucerful, all in 5.1.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

grelch wrote:Hypothetically, I'd like them to go back and do The Wall properly. It needs to be produced in 5.1. If ever a piece of music was created for surround it is most certainly The Wall. After that, in order Animals, Meddle, Piper and Saucerful, all in 5.1.
The Wall in high resolution 5.1 has been in production for some time now. No need to release the Immersion box for this one.
1st Dog In The Park
Embryo
Embryo

Post by 1st Dog In The Park »

I'm torn between Meddle (for my love of Echoes and Fearless) and Animals. But if I could only get one I'd have to go Animals.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

All I know, is that I was expecting they would do something with the Wembly 74 Echoes...I thought it might mean a Meedle box...I can't believe they stretched the gig out over two releases and now we have an orphen song. ](*,)
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

i agree its stupid dragging the release out over 2 releases dumb move. They should of just released it as a live album complete 2 cd, yet they dont want to release Echoes 74 because they dont like that version of it. ](*,)
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

So, now that Pink Floyd are no longer under EMI, will this lead to a new series of box sets? A re-release of the current ones, but under WMG/Parlaphone, or something completely new?

I'd wish for 5.1 remasters of the main albums and/or better packaging for the current remasters (at least true digipaks--with clear digitrays, or regular jewel cases)