Richard Wright (Zee) - Identity

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
15%
5%
10%
15%
1 - Worst
56%

Total votes: 41

Drakul
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Richard Wright (Zee) - Identity

Post by Drakul »

drafsack wrote:
Drakul wrote:Well, I like that album...

I think most people rate it as shit because they tend to listen to it as a Prog Rock album, or whatever alike, but the case is, its just another pop/ new romantic album...
Its not good if you come from that point, but, if you're into 80s New Wave/ N. R./ Pop, you're gonna find its good, or at least, audible...

And like said above, his keyboard playing is good... But the thing is that Harris plays keyboards too, so we dont know at which extent his contribution to the playing part was significant...

Well, Wright was going through a complex time, so, I would not blame him... He was re-finding his place...

He regrets this album, he said he did have his insatisfactions with The Division Bell too... But I dont see it as a mistake...

I give it, considering it in the proper genre, 7/10...
=)
Its a cold album and I think Harris sought out Rick as a means of getting his music heard - after all who would willingly buy and listen to a Fashion album but most Floyd nuts would buy it because of Rick. The credits speak volumes - lead vocals Harris, Lyrics Harris, Cover art Harris

Yeah, I agree with you... =))

As I've seen in other thread (1984 - Richard Wright releases Zee), it is said that Wright wanted to go new wave... And I've seen a 96 interview that he talks about his love for Peter Gabriel (solo)/ Genesis (Gabriel years)... As danielcaux said, some tracks bring to memory some o Gabriel's work...

I listened again to it today, and it remembers me of Double, a swiss duo, that was made famous for one song, "The Captain Of Her Heart"... It doesnt has the same synth sounds, not the alike singings, but its cold... I think its something of the decade... But there were bands (of any genre) that managed to get nice/ warm sounds from the new equipment, maybe blending them with the traditional ones(I mean, the synths and digital producing, with the analog equipment..)

Unfortunately, Zee wasnt that successful on doing that...

=)
pinkfloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by pinkfloyd »

The worst PF related album
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

This album should be used as a torturing device for detained terrorists, rapists and murderers.

The albums' shitiness is, in my view, worst than the fate of death
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

i dont like this album - mind you i didnt think much of broken china either.

mind you i regularly listen to, and enjoy, wet dream and love its naivety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOmAzV4iN0w
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

oz1701 wrote:i dont like this album - mind you i didnt think much of broken china either.

You my sir, are a wise man!
MY RRRRS
Knife
Knife

Post by MY RRRRS »

The Machman wrote:
oz1701 wrote:i dont like this album - mind you i didnt think much of broken china either.

You my sir, are a wise man!
a wise something :twisted:
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I gave it another listen today. Still not getting any better. There are scarce bits and pieces of promises throughout that quickly get drowned in the overwhelming blandness. It is such a remarkably uninspired album that Harris and Wright should be praised just for having it made at all.