Post by Bigmanpigman »

A bit of explanation on 'Brain Damage' -

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/pi ... tdown.html
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: #TDB20

Post by Keith Jordan »

Looks very interesting and glad to see Pink Floyd's continued use of social media.
JRL
Embryo
Embryo

Post by JRL »

Oh yes, I remember driving from Spokane , Washington USA to Vancouver British Columbia with my wife to see, The Pink Floyd Division Bell Concert. OMG 20 years ?
I Remember it as if it were yesterday. I also have been blessed to have been able to see a Pink Floyd Animal Concert. Wow, makes my eyes water. Where has time gone? My beautiful wife and I have been married for 33 years and we both have loved Pink Floyd together all of that time. We both have agreed recently that if we hear of a opportunity to see Pink Floyd ever again " Were There" even if we have to book a trip to Europe. Were There.
John L.
gerry555
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gerry555 »

3pm countdown: Maybe the Chernobyl swimming pool will re-open?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Division Bell 20th Anniversary Deluxe Box

Post by jambo »

http://www.divisionbell20.com/

THE DIVISION BELL – 20TH ANNIVERSARY BOX SET:

Tracklisting:
01) Cluster One
02) What Do You Want From Me
03) Poles Apart
04) Marooned
05) A Great day For Freedom
06) Wearing The Inside Out
07) Take It Back
08) Coming Back To Life
09) Keep Talking
10) Lost For Words
11) High Hopes

Contents:
Disc 1 – LP
Original album, remastered for vinyl in 2014 from the original analogue masters. Includes full-length tracks across 2-LP’s for the first time.

Disc 2 – Blu-Ray (all previously unreleased)
- 2014 Marooned video – directed by Aubrey Powell with stereo and 5.1 audio soundtracks
- 5.1 audio mix of ‘The Division Bell’ by Andy Jackson in 96khz/ 24-bit
- HD audio stereo mix of ‘The Division Bell’ by James Guthrie 96khz/ 24-bit

Disc 3 – Red vinyl 7” single Take It Back (edit) / Astronomy Domine (live) Replica 7” red vinyl in picture sleeve

Disc 4 – Clear vinyl 7” single High Hopes (edit) / Keep Talking (edit) Replica 7” clear vinyl in picture sleeve plus poster bag

Disc 5 – Blue Vinyl 12” single High Hopes / Keep Talking / One Of These Days (live) Replica 12” blue vinyl, laser etched design on reverse, picture sleeve. Includes 7 collectible film cards in a wallet

Disc 6 – CD Album 2011 Discovery version of ‘The Division Bell’ in a new dedicated wallet

Plus: 5 x 26cm x 26 cm art prints designed by Hipgnosis/StormStudios

Last edited by jambo on Wed May 21, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Another frustrating release that has maximum input from the marketing department and minimal (if any) input from the band.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

PINK FLOYD TO RELEASE 20TH ANNIVERSARY BOX SET OF 'THE DIVISION BELL'

• RELEASED: 30 JUNE 2014
• PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX
• BLU-RAY DISC INCLUDING NEW 2014 FILM OF MAROONED
• 2-LP VINYL FEATURING FULL-LENGTH TRACKS FOR THE FIRST TIME
• REPLICA 7" AND 12" COLOURED VINYL AND MUCH MORE

Pink Floyd is releasing a 20th anniversary box set of The Division Bell, the band's 1994 multi-million selling album that included the Grammy Award winning track Marooned. Set for release on 30 June 2014, 'The Division Bell' was the last studio album to be released by the band: David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. This 20th anniversary box set features six discs, including three replica coloured or clear vinyl discs, 5 collectors' prints, a Blu-ray disc and for the first time Andy Jackson's 5.1 audio mix of 'The Division Bell'.

'The Division Bell' debuted at No 1 in the UK and in the USA, staying at the top of the US charts for 4 weeks; it also went to No 1 in eight other countries and, to date, has reached total album sales of over 12 million. The album was recorded by the band at Astoria and Britannia Row Studios with the majority of the lyrics being written by Polly Samson and David Gilmour.

David Gilmour said at the time: "The three of us went into Britannia Row studios, and improvised for 2 weeks. Playing together and starting from scratch was interesting and exciting, it kick started the album and the process was very good, it was collaborative and felt more cohesive".

The Division Bell 20th Anniversary collector's box set will feature a new 2-LP vinyl edition of the album, remastered by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab from the original analogue tapes, including all the full length tracks (originally edited to fit on a single LP) in a gatefold sleeve designed by Hipgnosis/StormStudios. Five other discs are included: a red 7" vinyl replica of single Take It Back, clear 7" vinyl replica of High Hopes, 12" blue vinyl replica of High Hopes with reverse laser etched design, the 2011 Discovery remaster of 'The Division Bell' and a Blu-ray disc including 'The Division Bell' album in HD Audio, plus the previously unreleased 5.1 surround sound audio mix of the album by Andy Jackson.

Another addition included on the Blu-ray disc is a new video for Marooned, the track that won a Grammy for 'Best Rock Instrumental' in 1994. Filmed in Ukraine during the first week of April 2014, the video was directed by Aubrey Powell at Hipgnosis. It will appear on the disc with audio tracks in both PCM Stereo and a 5.1 mix by Andy Jackson.

Bob Ezrin and David Gilmour produced the original album, with orchestral arrangements by the late Michael Kamen. The anniversary box set discs have been remastered by long term Pink Floyd audio associates James Guthrie and Joel Plante.

:D
see also -

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24016
zzottt
Embryo
Embryo

Post by zzottt »

JRL wrote:Oh yes, I remember driving from Spokane , Washington USA to Vancouver British Columbia with my wife to see, The Pink Floyd Division Bell Concert. OMG 20 years ?
I Remember it as if it were yesterday. I also have been blessed to have been able to see a Pink Floyd Animal Concert. Wow, makes my eyes water. Where has time gone? My beautiful wife and I have been married for 33 years and we both have loved Pink Floyd together all of that time. We both have agreed recently that if we hear of a opportunity to see Pink Floyd ever again " Were There" even if we have to book a trip to Europe. Were There.
John L.

I wonder if we know eachother? \:D/
I am also from Spokane but I live in Seattle now. My friends got me tickets to that show but I was in the Navy and couldnt get leave approved to see the show... Its been one of those regrets I have from my youth. My friends all have great stories of the road trip and the show.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Division Bell 20th Anniversary Deluxe Box

Post by danielcaux »

Like 7 discs and not a single damn outtake!!!

Thanks Mr. Pink Floyd!!!

It looks classy though, as a set of nice collector items.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Big build up for the opportunity to buy what you already have........again!
With of course the coasters and a T-shirt instead of a scarf.
They really have no shame.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hmm. I'd rather have Ummagumma 45 to be honest. I can't imagine too many people will be lining up to buy this
RonBaker2003
Axe
Axe

Post by RonBaker2003 »

Well, I have the vinyl LP and the CD...however, I don't have the singles...and the Blu-ray disc has a surround sound mix. That makes it pretty irresistible to me.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Definitely looking forward to the surround mix, but I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't any outtakes or demos.

Nick Mason has said a few times that they had enough instrumental material for another album of material.

Also hopefully the album will come out as one of those Pure Audio Blu-rays so there's a cheaper option down the line.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I shall hopefully have a box set in a couple of weeks to do a nice review on with some pictures/words for you. I am excited about this, I like the Division Bell. 8)