New Neptune Pink Floyd show 2014!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

New Neptune Pink Floyd show 2014!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

After 8 years there will now finally be another Neptune Pink Floyd live show!

Taking place at The Hope, Brighton, England on Saturday October 11th the event will see the return of a number of the acts that performed at the shows in Brighton and Glasgow as well as appearing on the NPF tribute CD's many moons ago! We would also like to invite new members to the NPF community to take part and also those that couldn't make it last time around.

With this show we have returned to the grass roots of the very first NPF show back in 2005 by opting for a smaller venue but, this time the show has a theme! To reflect the more intimate settings the show will focus on the early years of Pink Floyd featuring Syd Barrett and also include Syd's solo works, naturally the evening is called "Crazy Diamond" and is held in tribute to Syd. To add to the performances there will also be projections, including those all important oil projections to help recreate those heady psychedelic days of 1967.

The venue has a capacity of just 120 and tickets are on sale now at an early bird price of just £5 plus booking fee available here: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/285821
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Neptune Pink Floyd show 2014!

Post by Keith Jordan »

Who will be going?

Pink Floyd tribute show 2014
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I wish I was going!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Much like the CD's and the previous shows I've been looking at ways for the non-musical members and those that just simply cant travel all that way to get involved.

At some point in the evening it's only inevitable that Shine On You Crazy Diamond will be played. This will be either a live performance or possibly the "Collection of Great Dance Songs" version played as an interval (I'm opting for this version as it includes all the lyrics and doesnt keep the bands off stage for as long).

During Shine On I thought we could have some Syd tributes from the NPF members on screen to accompany the song. This could be either some artwork you have put together or just simply a message. The artwork doesnt have to be new either, it can perhaps be something you made when Syd passed away or at any other time. If you have something you would like to be shown on screen during this song please e-mail it to blackbunkerstudios (at) hotmail (dot) com

I've also dug out 2 boxes of CDs from the NPF tribute CD days (flashback-tastic!), any Syd Floyd / Syd solo songs on those CDs that are not being played live on the night will be used during band changeovers to give other NPF members a chance to at least be heard at the event.

If anyone has any further ideas / suggestions please post them below and I'll do my best to make them happen, cheers!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Well, things certainly seem quieter than they were 8 years ago but the evening certainly wont be! I did the final running order for the night and its going to be quite an evening! Theres some superb bands giving everything from faithful renditions to stretched out epics and even a touch of reggae thrown in for 1 number! Its going to be a wonderful eclectic night celebrating the genius of Syd so grab your tickets now while you still can! https://www.wegottickets.com/event/285821

(it will also be my 40th birthday! yikes!)
henno

Post by henno »

ill get something out to you before the end of the weekend... raging i cant be there!!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hope it all goes well tomorrow, Stu. Do post some pictures. 8)
gdandridge
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gdandridge »

Wow, this should be great! I actually appeared in the first 3 CD set about 10 yrs ago. Good job guys! :smt023