High hopes collaboration project

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
dimitrius
Embryo
Embryo

High hopes collaboration project

Post by dimitrius »

Here is a youtube collaboration project I did recently with some friends of mine.
Although we knew from the beginning that it would be a difficult task, we choose to cover high hopes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikalphw8Cbk

It would be nice to read your thoughts on it.

In case that anyone is interested I could do a mix without guitars or vocals and share it here, so that it could be used as a backing track for practice purposes.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: High hopes collaboration project

Post by Annoying Twit »

It's a very accurate cover, very similar to the original. Your vocalist sounds a lot like Dave, but doesn't look like him in the least.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It sounds great and love that you seem to have recorded it in different locations and filmed it. Sounds great, do some more! 8)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

It's very good. While I've heard many covers of 'High Hopes' that sounded very close to the original, I have rarely heard a Pink Floyd cover that sounded this warm. You guys really like what you're doing there and it clearly shows. I loved the solo, and the black RG was a really nice and subtle tribute as well. Well done! [-D-]
dimitrius
Embryo
Embryo

Post by dimitrius »

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you liked it. We had a great time creating it so we are in the process of doing another one!!!!
Hudini, the black RG was our only choice concerning the electric guitar. We would like to use a Fender Stratocaster but none of us had one. At least we got the color right!!!!