Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
21%
43%
27%
6%
1 - Worst
3%

Total votes: 116

Alternate
Axe
Axe

Re: Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Post by Alternate »

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is musicly one of the best songs by Pink Floyd in my opinion.

Yes i'm serious
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Alternate wrote:Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is musicly one of the best songs by Pink Floyd in my opinion.

Yes i'm serious
No, I agree! For too long the second side of this album has been disowned and even Ron Geesin washed his hands saying he only had anything to do with side one. Which is a shame as I think side two stands up as a better collection of songs than side one of Meddle.
Last edited by Jimi Dean Barrett on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Hudini wrote:I can hear it occasionally but I never deliberately put in on for my own amusement.
Just did it. I can't say I loved it, but it definitely felt better than I remember it. Still nothing spectacular but quite enjoyable.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Alternate wrote:Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is musicly one of the best songs by Pink Floyd in my opinion.

Yes i'm serious
I'm glad you knew enough to have to point out that you were serious. But I'll at least say the final part of it is beautiful and nice. I always found AHM a nice Sunday morning album, and that ends it nicely. But neither song nor album gets anywhere near my top-whatever.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

OFF TOPIC -

It made me smile
Ageless Stranger
Axe
Axe

Post by Ageless Stranger »

This is an awesome live version of Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIRYzayoBwQ
OBYKA
Axe
Axe

Post by OBYKA »

Definitely a transitional piece. Fat Old Sun has an excellent Gilmour solo.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

This album is kind of the black sheep of the Pink Floyd catalog, but I like it from start to end. Even if most of the band members today list it as one of their least favorite Pink Floyd works.
pato4sen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pato4sen »

Here is a version of the German tribute band "Meddle" - in cooperation me the Orcrchester and Choir of the Music School Duisburg.
This concert took place "great hall" of the theater in the city of Duisburg in the sold-out.
Must see!!! - It is worth it!!!

Atom Heart Mother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkNC66b16hs
brell
Blade
Blade

Post by brell »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:

Yes i'm serious
No, I agree! For too long the second side of this album has been disowned and even Ron Geesin washed his hands saying he only had anything to do with side one. Which is a shame as I think side two stands up as a better collection of songs than side one of Meddle.
Agreed
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

+1 Agreed
Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip »

Being new to NPF, I feel the need to gush over this album a bit. I rank this in my top three Floyd albums; it's absolutely unbeatable in my ears. I can't honestly tell you what does it. The three middle songs are all perfect representations of their writers' styles, and are all catchy and well-written in their own way. "Atom Heart Mother" may be pointless, but most of the time, I don't really give two shits if the music I'm listening to has a purpose. It just needs to be good music, and I love the suite. "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" I think gets written off because of its inherently silly nature, but the musical bits are amazing, and I think the implementation of sound effects is done better on this track than on most of Dark Side.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

This is Floyd's most pastoral album. Even the title track, while not soft strumming acoustic guitars, bears subsection titles suggestive of the pastoral life. And most of side 2 of the album is great Floydian acoustic folk rock. The only song that doesn't quite fit that is Wright's wonderful tune Summer '68, but it ties side two with side one thanks to some of its brass arrangements, giving the album an overall, very nice balance. I have loved this album since the first time I heard it.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

It's a very important music album for me. Bought it by bike with my friend through swampy trails to the nearest mall (22kms) at age 12, listened awkwardly to it for the first time during supper with his white haired former store-owners inseparable parents, thought it sucked first, thought that psychedelic music was supposed to be agressive then, thought that Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast was brilliant as an abstract theatre of bliss.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Highly recommend! Best Pink Floyd tribute ever, imho.

Atom Heart Mother live Segóbriga Roman Amphitheatre Spain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtldnhbjmEs