New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Post by Hudini »

Why not? Let's go with the seasons! <ii>
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Yay Hudini!!! <ii>

I am too challenged to create my own...need proper application.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hudini. You're certainly starting Christmas early!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Where I come from Christmas comes two weeks later than in most of the world and yet we start our Christmas decorations as early as in late November/early December. Most of the stores here have already been decorated. I don't know if I'm just used to it, but I kinda like it. Holiday mood all over. \:D/
Alternate
Axe
Axe

Post by Alternate »

Hudini wrote:Where I come from Christmas comes two weeks later than in most of the world and yet we start our Christmas decorations as early as in late November/early December. Most of the stores here have already been decorated. I don't know if I'm just used to it, but I kinda like it. Holiday mood all over. \:D/
In Holland they are starting too!
I really like it, how sooner how better
vgonis
Embryo
Embryo

Post by vgonis »

Hello all! New here, came across the forum looking for a PF fan place to find and share things about one of my favorite bands! Thanks for having me!
PROGMAN1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PROGMAN1 »

Hello fellow Floydians!

Pink Floyd are one of my favorite bands since I first decided to check em out shortly after the release of WYWH, which is still my favorite album by them.

I have tons of albums by tons of artists (approaching 10k albums) and love to trade stuff, though my want list is pretty short nowadays. In the realm of Floyd I also like Djam Karet and spacier jam stuff like Korai Orom and Ozric Tentacles but my tastes are fairly eclectic as I am also heavy into Funk.

I am an amateur mastering technician, having completed digital remasters of 100s of albums from vinyl sources. It is my labor of love which I do for hire at very reasonable rates.

I look forward to reading the forum and possible contributing where I can.

Progman
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Hi there and apologies for late 'hello' post,

I've been a Pink Floyd fan for 40+ years. The first album I was aware of was Dark Side of the Moon and I own more copies, and formats, than I care to count. I recall buying each 'new' album on the day of release although seeing them live was delayed and I first got to see them at Earls Court in 1980; I was there again 1981. The Wall is my favourite album of all time and I was at Berlin for the 21 July 1990 show, the O2 for the "Gilmour" appearance on 12 May 2011 and at the Stade de France for the final RW show on 21 Sept 2013. I also attended the Roger solo tours and Roger-less Floyd (thankfully I was at the Thurs 13 October 1994 Earls Court date rather than the cancelled 12 October opening night), plus a few Australian PF and other tribute shows. I have also been to the Stardome presentations of the albums and recommend to anyone that can see the planetarium versions to search them out.

I have a few books by the boys, a few autographs, flag, a replica wall built with 220 (or thereabouts) white Lego bricks, assorted paraphernalia and a lot of happy memories.

<ii>
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hello 8) New members area always welcome.
Crazy Diamond
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Crazy Diamond »

Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is Roberto, I'm from Italy. You can call me Crazy Diamond (or dumbass, as you prefer).

I'm 22 and I listen to Pink Floyd since I was 3 (thanks dad, RIP). I can easily claim it's my favourite band ever (think even more than Beatles).
I'm also a musician (I hope), and kinda play in a music duo with my girlfriend (we don't have a name yet), we have a project for covering every Floyd concept and I'd have soome questions about, but I'll do somewhere else. :P

Thank you, and remember: no flash cameras on tonight's show.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Welcome aboard Roberto!
fried
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fried »

hello,

first post on here, long term fan of Pink Floyd, saw them when I was in my twenties in Chantilly in France and built quite a collection of vinyl and CD's.

I am now looking to sell my collection if anyone is interested. I am based in London and Hertfordshire if anyone is interested.

I hope I can contribute more to the forum in the future.

cheers,
Odins_Echoes
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Odins_Echoes »

Hello,
I am Odin I am 18 and have been a long fan of the PF music as my parents brought me up on their music. I'm from San Francisco. I am a musician and have a band and write my own music based around an improvisational psychedelia, jamband, folk sound. The first concert I went to was Roger Waters DSOTM in '06. I also went to a show on the recent Wall tour, and will make sure I catch any nearby shows if Gilmour tours in the US :D. Other artists I really like are the Grateful Dead, Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Neil Young, ELP, Richard Thompson, Jefferson Airplane, Focus, Joni Mitchell.

Here's some of my music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDqr7fANEes

http://colorblinddilemma.bandcamp.com/
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Odins_Echoes wrote:Hello,
I am Odin I am 18 and have been a long fan of the PF music as my parents brought me up on their music. I'm from San Francisco. I am a musician and have a band and write my own music based around an improvisational psychedelia, jamband, folk sound. The first concert I went to was Roger Waters DSOTM in '06. I also went to a show on the recent Wall tour, and will make sure I catch any nearby shows if Gilmour tours in the US :D. Other artists I really like are the Grateful Dead, Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Neil Young, ELP, Richard Thompson, Jefferson Airplane, Focus, Joni Mitchell.

Here's some of my music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDqr7fANEes

http://colorblinddilemma.bandcamp.com/

Welcome aboard! Check out the psychedelic music thread in the music section, and make some recommendations! I like all those bands you mention and will check out your toones!! <ii>
Chaim
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Chaim »

Hello from Finland. Been a Floyd fan since I was a teen - from the early 90's. I was on some Floyd forum years ago...I have no particular favorite era, but the post-Roger era is my least favorite.