USA Gilmour Tix

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
pffann
Axe
Axe

USA Gilmour Tix

Post by pffann »

I hate my life!! Because I couldn't be on the computer the minute DG's Chicago tix went on sale I missed out & now would have to go through 2nd or 3rd party sites & pay an astronomical price! Chi town sold out in less than 30 min! D-mn ticket brokers ruin it for all us Real fans. :mad: Well now I just pray for more US dates & a closer venue. Anyone on here snag any USA tix for a decent price?? Why oh why do I have to be bothered with that pesky thing called a JOB?!
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Re: USA Gilmour Tix

Post by Jack Dempsey »

I'm in Scotland and tried for New York. I was waiting for over an hour on ticketmaster and then it says sold out!

We are going over anyway.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Not USA but next door, I have managed to get one for Toronto so will combine with visiting friends etc

:)
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Jack Dempsey wrote:I'm in Scotland and tried for New York. I was waiting for over an hour on ticketmaster and then it says sold out!

We are going over anyway.

Try World Wide Stubs. They are not Too terrible compared to others. I also have a feeling venues will magically come up with more tix closer to show dates. They tend to do that.

twcc- Congrats! Hope you enjoy the show!
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

I was lucky enough to score 3 single tix for the Hollywood Bowl show. One for me and two to flip and pay for my tix and trip. My seat is 6 rows from the stage. This is going to be awesome. I hope the set list has some of the Endless River tracks as well as some classic PF stuff too.
Last edited by hypermikem on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NavyNut
Embryo
Embryo

Post by NavyNut »

I got 2 for Toronto, I can't wait to see him live for the first time :)
J-Shadows
Embryo
Embryo

Post by J-Shadows »

I actually got lucky and got a lower arena for the Chicago show. But I was only buying one ticket, while my friend was trying to buy two and couldn't get them together.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

I am going to break one of the seven deadlies & admit I'm a bit jealous of you all! But also very happy for you all! [-D-]
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Is there any indication as to whether he might add some cities, or is four it? I am near Boston and not inclined to drive to NY to see him.

Since he didn't come to Boston on the OAI tour I don't expect him to this time even if he does add cities.
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

You know, I would guess that additional shows may be considered depending on how he feels after the 10 show European leg. He takes a good few months off before crossing the pond to start the North American leg(if you can call 4 shows a leg). I can't imagine just 3 shows in the US and one in Canada, but then again, he has stated publicly that a major tour is just not what wants to be doing anymore and he wants to keep the venues smaller and more intimate. Not stadiums and huge arenas. So if that is still the way he feels after the first leg, then yes, 4 NA shows may be it. Which would make the price of resale tickets soar. Right now on ebay, you can still get decent seats for a semi reasonable price, albeit way above face value. For example for the Hollywood Bowl show, a ticket worth 91 bucks is going for around 235 or higher depending on the section. However a 200 dollar close to the stage ticket is going for 4000 to 7000 bucks! I heard in London, the transfer of tickets is not allowed. The person that bought it is the only person who can use it. I suppose that's one way to keep legal scalping in check. There are no such rules in the US so those who failed to get tickets on the day they went on sale and desperately want to see what may very well be the last time DG tours, are going to pay a pretty penny in both travel and ticket price. My seat is 6 rows from the stage, but I wouldn't sell it for 10,000. This is a very special show for me. One that I cannot put a price on. It means different things to different folks I suppose. For some it is merely a chance to flip ticket s for a profit and nothing else. Shame.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

FYI, the editor of his blog said these four dates are it. Not that people can't change their mind, but this is not encouraging. Waiting for a live album it is!
itinerant1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by itinerant1 »

I got 2 at MSG in NY, section 104 row 9. I might be interested in trading them for tickets to Verona, Italy. Any takers?
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

More dates added. Only 1 night at each venue.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

BertWW96 wrote:FYI, the editor of his blog said these four dates are it ...
He will now play one additional night at each of the venues announced last week – he will call at Hollywood Bowl on 25th March, Air Canada Center on 1st April, United Center in Chicago on 4th April and finally at Madison Square Garden on 12th April which has just become the final night of the tour for concerts announced thus far!

Tickets go on sale Monday 27th July 2015 so plenty time to get permission from a better half or to rearrange your finances to buy David Gilmour tickets for you and all your friends!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Couldn't have said it better myself...