USA Gilmour Tix

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: USA Gilmour Tix

Post by twcc »

Keith Jordan wrote:Couldn't have said it better myself...
You did ... <ii>
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

I got 6 Count them 6 :!: for David's show in Chicago on April 4, 2016!! As long as you only order 1 at a time your good. Still floor seats and lower level side available! Only $180 includes fees! Plus awesome thing is there is a direct flight from my town to Chicago. :D I better start saving now as it will be here before I know it! Right now it will be Me, my son, & son's friend. I have another friend who is a huge fan But he has to get permission from the wife. And one of my nieces is a Huge DG fan but gave me every excuse in the book why she couldn't do Newport so I'll probably end up with three extras. Oh well plenty of time. I'm just stoked!! Luck of the draw I guess. Now if he adds more shows closer I'll be beating myself up! :roll:
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

<ii> Cheers to you bud. Good show. You are correct. As long as you didn't try to get groups of tickets, or pairs even, or worst of all keep rejecting seats multiple times, you are able to have a better chance at getting them. If you reject seats in hopes of finding something just a bit better, it seems ticketmaster's sever gets a bit pissed and shuts you down. I was able to get a pretty good seat for the Second show in Hollywood as well, but I decided to test the theory. after I secured my ticket, I tried for another and was successful, but I rejected it and searched again. Again it spat out a random seat in the uppers. I got 3 hits after my ticket and rejected all 3. After that, I got the dreaded ticket s not available message. I tried like 30 times and got the same message. This was at work. After work, for shits and giggles, I logged on from home, a good 4 hours after the tickets went on sale, and to my surprise, there were still seats available. They turned on the map so you can see what is left and select yours. Slim pickins to be sure, but if a guy or gal really wanted to go, for face value, one could have easily done so as of an hour ago. Not great seats, but you are in the facility at least. Just thought I'd share how touchy/easily offended ticketmaster's server is :mad: In any event, I am so happy to be going on back to back nights in Tinseltown. The first night 6 rows from the stage, and the second, half way up the venue in the middle-ish. :-;
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Actually I'm a chick but I'll go with Budd for a fellow Floydian! Yes I got on ticketmaster the Second they went on sale today & for some reason I kept getting locked out. You can still actually get some lower level for 160.00. As long as it's single seats. My best one is section 4 (floor) row 4. That's Momma's ticket! :lol: We are going to be scattered all over but oh well. Like you said at least we are in the venue!
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

Pardon me miss chicky. 8) So you did all that for the special dudes in your life? Nice. Yes getting at least a couple seats together is always nice, however a show of this magnitude and the limited supply make getting face value multi tickets extremely hard. I will be going with a buddy but we too will be separated at show time. No worries though. I always seem to make friends at these concerts (Waters, Brit Floyd, etc....). It's being a Floydian that binds us and we all have at least that in common and is a great ice breaker if you are solo. It's a very important ingredient that makes these shows so special to attend live. It's pure magic to look around and see every single person in the audience singing Wish you were Here, or Comfortably Numb in unison with that same look of awe in their faces. Pure magic! Can't wait. 8)
SgtPepper
Embryo
Embryo

Post by SgtPepper »

hypermikem wrote:I was lucky enough to score 3 single tix for the Hollywood Bowl show. One for me and two to flip and pay for my tix and trip. My seat is 6 rows from the stage. This is going to be awesome. I hope the set list has some of the Endless River tracks as well as some classic PF stuff too.
Doesn't that seem a bit unethical? Considering the numbers of people who wanted to go and can't cause it sold out?

I had to pay nearly £300 for my ticket in France (travelling specifically from the UK for the gig). I've now managed to get two at face value, so will take the hit and sell the £300 for the face value aswell.
SgtPepper
Embryo
Embryo

Post by SgtPepper »

hypermikem wrote:I was lucky enough to score 3 single tix for the Hollywood Bowl show. One for me and two to flip and pay for my tix and trip. My seat is 6 rows from the stage. This is going to be awesome. I hope the set list has some of the Endless River tracks as well as some classic PF stuff too.
Doesn't that seem a bit unethical? Considering the numbers of people who wanted to go and can't cause it sold out?

I had to pay nearly £300 for my ticket in France (travelling specifically from the UK for the gig). I've now managed to get two at face value, so will take the hit and sell the £300 for the face value aswell.
homeby5
Embryo
Embryo

Post by homeby5 »

I'll be travelling from The Keys in Florida to MSG on the 12th. I am stoked :) I hope others can get a ticket or he adds other dates. This will probably be his last tour and it would be nice for the youngsters to get to see a legend before it's too late.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Anyone buying extra tickets for the sole purpose of making extra money is a scalping scumbag.
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Resale option is offered through Ticketmaster, the ones who sell the tickets in the first place. Ticketless entry can easily take care of this "problem", and they have done this in London, but until that is an option here in the US, resale is just the way it is. It's big business, sactioned by the ticket agent itself. This is not Kumbaya. It's business. Ethics has nothing to do with it. I could give two shits what people think about it either. :-({|=
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Common decency also comes into it. I'm going to a couple of gigs but if i thought I'd missed out because some scalper decided to try and make a mint i'd be furious.

But it happens, sites like stubhub are essentially legalized robbery.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

kjek1 wrote:Common decency also comes into it. I'm going to a couple of gigs but if i thought I'd missed out because some scalper decided to try and make a mint i'd be furious.

I beg to differ. As much as I loath scalpers without places like stubhub or worldwide stubs there are some shows I really wanted to see that sold out ASAP. Newport Folk Festival being one of them. Those tix sold out as fast as lightening but thanx to worldwide I was able to get two tix for Roger's Friday appearance. If not for those secondary sites I never would have made it to that show. I.E. I know I'm contradicting myself since I started this thread on how jacked I was to miss ticket sales because of work! :roll: Oh BTW David has added an extra show in LA on Easter Sunday for all you westcoasters.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

pffann wrote:
kjek1 wrote:Common decency also comes into it. I'm going to a couple of gigs but if i thought I'd missed out because some scalper decided to try and make a mint i'd be furious.

I beg to differ. As much as I loath scalpers without places like stubhub or worldwide stubs there are some shows I really wanted to see that sold out ASAP. Newport Folk Festival being one of them. Those tix sold out as fast as lightening but thanx to worldwide I was able to get two tix for Roger's Friday appearance. If not for those secondary sites I never would have made it to that show. I.E. I know I'm contradicting myself since I started this thread on how jacked I was to miss ticket sales because of work! :roll: Oh BTW David has added an extra show in LA on Easter Sunday for all you westcoasters.
It worked out well for you. But for people who miss out because someone else nabbed tickets to stick them straight up on stubhub for 10 times the face value, it's a sickener.

I'm glad you managed to get your tickets though, Newport looked a bit special!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Are the entry conditions as stringent as the uk? For the UK shows you need to take some form of formal id, you can only get in with the person who brought the tickets and you will be subjected to a full body search including anal cavity :shock:
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

drafsack wrote:Are the entry conditions as stringent as the uk? For the UK shows you need to take some form of formal id, you can only get in with the person who brought the tickets and you will be subjected to a full body search including anal cavity :shock:
At first it was only a threat (the checking ID not the cavity search), Waters at Wembley said they'd do this with tickets too and they never did. However, in the last year I have been asked to show ID each time so clearly venues are enforcing it now.