RTL Video

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Re: RTL Video

Post by BertWW96 »

mastaflatch wrote:Making an emphasis on calling the Blue Light video "conceptual" is actually pretty fucking hilarious coming from a Pink Floyd dude :lol:
Did he call it that? I wonder what the concept was supposed to be.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

drafsack wrote:Could be worse

If you want a classic DG video check out the video for Blue Light:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUe3i9s4STw
Omg what a train wreck!! I do miss the simplicity of the 80's though. And David is so cute it makes me Smile - no pun intended! :)

Btw: Is that Polly in the black dress?! J/K. \:D/
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Back to RTL, I like both the song and the video but I very much dislike the combination of the two. Those dark and potentially disturbing visuals just don't sit well with an upbeat song like that. It's just wrong. At least 'Blue Light' video got the tone of the song right.

Coming from someone who used to be in a band that used to put so much effort into synchronizing the mood of the accompanying videos to their songs, this kind of dabbling is disappointing.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Hudini wrote:...I very much dislike the combination of the two. Those dark and potentially disturbing visuals just don't sit well with an upbeat song like that.
Although I quite like the visuals, the contrast is a bit jarring.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Sorry I've been unable to reply in the last few days. Didn't mean to make my original comments so harsh! I thought t was a moment when we all addressed just we we all presumably lol felt underwhelmed by the song and estranged by the video. Agreed on contrast. I'm on the go but my main point was underproduced is not necessarily a bad thing. It's a style even. I do sense the maybe the ran out of time thing on the whole thing. We all have heard how the way it works sometimes is they work backwards from a deadline or have to set a deadline and well, some art is never really finished. Maybe the video style etc was planned and commissioned. In fact must have. Before the song was completed. That might explain some congrats. It might also, song and video, be part of a greater piece of work we just haven't seen yet. I maintain that Mica Paris will likely sing lead on the record, as had been the case every time shed sung with Gilmour before.
On that note, does anyone sense that rtl might just be marketed as a single? I don't know why I didn't clue into that now. I did find it interesting that at least in the USA you get a copy of the album for every ticket sold for the shows too.